DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: RPG Suite

RPG Suite

Hi

Just tinkering with FGU and Traveller.

Couple of thoughts :-)

Any plans to support (if not already done - point me in right direction) to support importing characters from RPG Suite.?

Also, is it possible to adjust column widths or are they set? On the Skills tabe for example of the PC sheet, it cuts of some of the Characteristic title heading. Not a big issue, just asking.

FG2.jpg

Excellent work by the way.

Cheers

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by bsycamore View Post
    Hi

Just tinkering with FGU and Traveller.

Couple of thoughts :-)

Any plans to support (if not already done - point me in right direction) to support importing characters from RPG Suite.?

Also, is it possible to adjust column widths or are they set? On the Skills tabe for example of the PC sheet, it cuts of some of the Characteristic title heading. Not a big issue, just asking.

FG2.jpg

Excellent work by the way.

Cheers

Bryan
    Hey Bryan,

No plans to support as I don't have an account with RPG Suite, though if they export characters, you could add them here and I can look at how they're built for you.

It's not possible to adjust the columns, it's to do with the scaling of the fonts inside FGU. I can address this for you if you could give me all the areas that are issues.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Couple of screenshots below. I've circled bits in Red. Not major issues, just text either missing or overlapping.

PC's
    FG3.jpg

NPC's

FG4.jpg

Worlds - Trade Tab

FG5.jpg

Spacecraft

FG6.jpg

Awesome, thanks!

I've fired off an email to RPG Suite asking about their export features.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I've sent you the info on FB.

Its a JSON file.

i am also seeing similar text clipping on my FGU instance.

especially on the spacecraft sheet

RPGsuite has the disadvantage of not following the actual rules and just doing their own thing when they want too.

For instance, they don't limit the maximum attribute or skill ratings, and when asked about this they just said they figured they'd not worry about it because some people might want it that way. If I were them I'd have set it up as an optional flag to void that rule but as a licensed product they should be conforming to the rules and not just blowing them off because it's hard. Characters with 18 and 21 characteristics shouldn't be a potential thing when following the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    i am also seeing similar text clipping on my FGU instance.

especially on the spacecraft sheet
    Yea, FGU has some scaling issues. I do try and help, but check 1.1.4 as I've reduced the fonts just a tiny amount.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    RPGsuite has the disadvantage of not following the actual rules and just doing their own thing when they want too.

For instance, they don't limit the maximum attribute or skill ratings, and when asked about this they just said they figured they'd not worry about it because some people might want it that way. If I were them I'd have set it up as an optional flag to void that rule but as a licensed product they should be conforming to the rules and not just blowing them off because it's hard. Characters with 18 and 21 characteristics shouldn't be a potential thing when following the rules.
    Hi Chap,

Remember Traveller Companion allows you to go beyond 21-23. I'm going to put a flag into the ruleset to only allow certain things if you have got the module enabled/setting set.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information