DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FGU gets really slow during combat (time to move a token can be >5mins)

Hello,

I have a 3.5E campaign running with 5 players using cloud server, all players have internet connections of at least 50mbits and have wired connections save 1 with only WLAN.

All is fine, but when I have about 30 participants on the combat tracker and the corresponding 30 tokens on the map, the app runs very slow.

The issue seems to be the network speed as the taskmanager says my pc using 1.6 GB and the players about 500MB memory for FG.

I have not organized the tokens in modules (didn`t wholly understand the wiki video), but with the memory usage so low (CPU load neglible about 10-20% on the players or my pc) i thought that this is not the reason for the breakdown.

I have the universal module extension, Customised Item Generator and Decal D&D MM running.

What can I do to imrove the performance?

If I use LAN server instead of cloud, will this be avoided?

Does the single WLAN client slow the others down? (I can connect that one via powerLAN)

Thank you in advance for help, it already ruined 2 gaming sessions.

kind regards
    Axel

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to FGU forum

Please upload logs.
    What modules do you have loaded? What version are you using (date code)? Have you verified all players are on the same date code?
    Does it repeat in a new campaign with no extensions?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The campaign is level 5 atm, in the combat are 3 casters (lv5 wiz & lv4, lv3 and lv1 clerics), monsters are 20 rogues 1. (npc not chars) and 10 Zombies and 10 skellies. All simple mobs and chars.
    The slowdown happened for the players, as i started to add the monsters from the encounter into the CT, the first 15 went fine, after that it slowed, after 30 it froze for a few mins. I then started to delete the undead from the CT.
    After the undead were gone from the tracker,it seemd to get better at this point there were about 30 entries on the CT.
    My own FG slowed, when the cleric wanted to target her fellows with a bless.
    My loaded mudules are:
    3.5E basic
    3.5 spells
    3.5 magic items
    3.5 Monsterrs
    calendars
    d20pfsrd bestiaries
    default fumble and crits
    FG Battle maps
    sukeets maps v1
    ultimate equipment by faelwen

my version is from 5 Aug at least 1 player has this too, havent reached the others yet

to me it looks like the network cant keep up with the traffic, is a LAN server instead of cloud a possible improvement here?

Quote Originally Posted by buzzharley View Post
    to me it looks like the network cant keep up with the traffic
    What network traffic do you see FantasyGrounds.exe using when it slows down? View the traffic being used through Windows Task Manager. Does it spike? What level is it at?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you all for the help.

The logs are all from today, the log files from the game evening seem to be lost.
    I am trying to build up the same situation with a player less this week in order to get the logs and view the task monitor.
    I will post them then.
    Thank you again.
    kind regards
    Axel

One of my players on a 2014 MBP hit 300% CPU during our game. See attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We have set up the situation again and the situation repeated itself: at about 30 participants in the combat there was a noticable lag, we added 20 more and there was a 5 min freeze on one player. My GM pc froze intermittedly during pc targeting for max 5 secs.
    On the network monitor we saw many spikes or even plateaus (at 100kbit), while CPU and memory usage was quite low on all involved computers.

We tried to setup LAN server, but could only get the local pcs to connect. We then tried using hamachi, with the same results as the cloud server.

I have the logs from the 1st part using the cloud server but dont know how to attach them, only got buttons for pics and videos.
    Last edited by buzzharley; August 10th, 2020 at 18:40. Reason: typo

Logs

The logs from this afternoon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by buzzharley View Post
    On the network monitor we saw many spikes or even plateaus (at 100kbit)
    100Kbps isn't that much at all.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information