5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Make sure that the first instance is running a fully loaded campaign before doing the right click. I can't offer you any more unfortunately since I don't know what intricacies there could be in your windows set up.
    Yea it was fully loaded..
    Do you know if it makes a difference if its a cloud game or LAN? I see in the early comment it talked about LAN.

No, it makes no difference.

One thing how are you starting the first instance? If it's via Steam that might be the reason (emphasis on the might). Try starting the first instance directly from your installation folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Battlewear View Post
    This doesnt work for me. When I right click on the FGU icon on the task bar I just get "close window"
    What operating system are you running?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlewear View Post
    This doesnt work for me. When I right click on the FGU icon on the task bar I just get "close window"
    Don't do it from the task bar, if you're using Windows 11.
    Either open it from the Start menu, or double click on the Desktop icon again.

I haven't had any problem opening from task bar on Windows 11; but I'm launching from direct install, not Steam.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I haven't had any problem opening from task bar on Windows 11; but I'm launching from direct install, not Steam.

Regards,
    JPG
    It doesn't happen in all instances of Windows 11: I have 3 Windows 11 machines in my home, we (as a family) use all three to play on FGU with relatives abroad, and on 2 of them we have the same strange instance of having only the "close window" option when we right click on the task bar.
    I have no clue why. All I know is that in some amount of Windows 11 installations I have seen the same problem as Battlewear reported.

It's not super clear, but if you click on the name of the program it starts another instance.

2zo3c8Vkuo.png

Thread Information