DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Layer re-ordering on map issue

I do not know if anyone has experienced this, but a handful of the maps I have created will re-order the layers.

This typically happens with the background/base texture layer, which I occasionally add after I've built a detailed building or room.

When I go back to open the map later, the background layer is no longer on the bottom and is pulled forward, covering portions of the other map elements.

I'm not sure if starting with the background layer first will solve the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Not exactly, the same, but I added an effects layer to some water and it kept moving up the list by one or two places.

In related behaviour, re-ordering by dragging down the list would occasionally not work and have to be repeated several times.

Quote Originally Posted by pdzoch View Post
    I do not know if anyone has experienced this, but a handful of the maps I have created will re-order the layers.

This typically happens with the background/base texture layer, which I occasionally add after I've built a detailed building or room.

When I go back to open the map later, the background layer is no longer on the bottom and is pulled forward, covering portions of the other map elements.

I'm not sure if starting with the background layer first will solve the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Apparently its related to a bug they are now tracking down to do with folders. I removed the folders and the layer order stayed put. Hard to navigate for now, but at least things stay where I put them

I tried to solve the problem by using folders, which turned into a nightmare. As I would move the folder, it would suddenly disappear. The images would remain on the map, but the folder with the images would disappear. Then I would get crash notices about image layer ids being the same. And then have to start all over.

There was a new update pushed today which should address the layers disappearing.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There was a new update pushed today which should address the layers disappearing.

Regards,
    JPG
    yay!

I'll try and rebuild the castle from the back-up I made and see how it goes and let everyone know.

Probably tomorrow or the day after.

One lesson I did learn was that you MUST start with the bottom image (or the background image) for your map. If you start with a key terrain or any other piece and latter add a background image, the first image always slips back to the bottom and behind any background image you have since added.

I'm again experiencing the reordering of layers in a map. Not losing stuff like last time this happened, but it messes with the effects layers.

Does this happen to others or should I check for extension conflicts first?

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    yay!

I'll try and rebuild the castle from the back-up I made and see how it goes and let everyone know.

Probably tomorrow or the day after.
    I have suffered with this for a while - so I added a number to each layer (when it was correct) so re-ordering it was nice and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG
    I have not seen the update box light up today (or last night) - layers still doing their own thing.

Thread Information