5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I have suffered with this for a while - so I added a number to each layer (when it was correct) so re-ordering it was nice and easy.
    Numbers is a good suggestion. It still bloody frustrating though!

Glad to know I'm not crazy and it is happening for others.

Any word on a fix?

That update push was ages ago...

So I guess it didn't fix things entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Numbers is a good suggestion. It still bloody frustrating though!

Glad to know I'm not crazy and it is happening for others.

Any word on a fix?

That update push was ages ago...

So I guess it didn't fix things entirely
    I have not seen the Update button light up, and did a Force Update too - makes no difference. Layers still borked. I assume it is traveling slowly to Live.

I have not seen the Update button light up, and did a Force Update too - makes no difference. Layers still borked. I assume it is traveling slowly to Live.

The message from Moon Wizard you quoted is actually from last August, so doubt it is a new update.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    The message from Moon Wizard you quoted is actually from last August, so doubt it is a new update.
    HAHA - LOL - ok then that explains why I didn't see and update.... the Dynamic Lighting update is more important and probably has this fixed as well.

HAHA - LOL - ok then that explains why I didn't see and update.... the Dynamic Lighting update is more important and probably has this fixed as well.
    I disagree

THIS is more important!

This is driving me nuts.

Every time that I try and do something more complex than just import a JPG and drop LOS on, like actually build a map with features, then it goes weird with the FX layer make the grass ripple or the like.

I disagree

THIS is more important!

This is driving me nuts.

Every time that I try and do something more complex than just import a JPG and drop LOS on, like actually build a map with features, then it goes weird with the FX layer make the grass ripple or the like.
    My map has about 30 layers with sub layers as well inside folders, I have LOS on furniture to move and ublock passage ways, sliding secret doors with LOS attached so I can reveal the passageway beyond as the door opens... etc.
    That's why I started numbering them.

The dynamic lighting patch is going to be a big one and will change a lot of underlying systems, so I reckon the layers will be fixed at the same time as its Carl on the lighting and layers systems.

layers.png

EDIT: I also have layers with beds with skeletons in them, and blankets as layers to remove, so the skeleton can get out of the bed, the crystals that can be destroyed by players are also on layers and can be removed, doors smashed in can be removed. etc. Layers!! Its like a layer cake 500 feet tall.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 28th, 2021 at 15:26.

Yeah, that's pretty similar to what I'm experiencing.

here's the layers as designed and constantly re-ordered:-
    Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.09.42 pm.png

Then once I exit the campaign and restart it it ends up like this:-

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.10.50 pm.png

I added your suggestion of numbers to help with sequencing, but that only makes my job easier to re-sort stuff. The sequences of this isn't being arranged in alphabetical order, or some other sort that I can see.

It goes from this:-
    Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.21.41 pm.png

back to the muddled mess of this:-
    Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.25.02 pm.png

I too, have in the past used the layers and objects in a dungeon to provide dynamic obstacles and visual clues for my players but stopped when the layering re-order problem first appeared last year around July and August. I haven't returned to it, as I had thought it too hard to manage with this issue.

I also had not used effects for a while, but in starting this new campaign, wanted to revisit that feature.

For me the thing that wreaks the most havoc is the effects layer getting moved around.

This goes from water moving in a river, to the entire map rippling.

The other interesting thing, is that if I set all the layers as "Locked", when I restart the campaign, they are all unlocked.

This is really frustrating!!!

I've just uploaded my problematic campaign folder to one of the gurus here at his request, Moonwizard, who helped previously.

We'll see what they can make of it.
    Last edited by Reg; March 1st, 2021 at 05:00. Reason: typos

I've just uploaded my problematic campaign folder to one of the gurus here at his request, Moonwizard, who helped previously.

We'll see what they can make of it.
    Yeah, same here a few weeks ago. Its a known issue. But the new Dynamic Lighting patch.... maybe the fix is in there. In the mean time - number your layers.

Yeah, that's pretty similar to what I'm experiencing.

here's the layers as designed and constantly re-ordered:-
    Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.09.42 pm.png

Then once I exit the campaign and restart it it ends up like this:-

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.10.50 pm.png

I added your suggestion of numbers to help with sequencing, but that only makes my job easier to re-sort stuff. The sequences of this isn't being arranged in alphabetical order, or some other sort that I can see.

It goes from this:-
    Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.21.41 pm.png

back to the muddled mess of this:-
    Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.25.02 pm.png

I too, have in the past used the layers and objects in a dungeon to provide dynamic obstacles and visual clues for my players but stopped when the layering re-order problem first appeared last year around July and August. I haven't returned to it, as I had thought it too hard to manage with this issue.

I also had not used effects for a while, but in starting this new campaign, wanted to revisit that feature.

For me the thing that wreaks the most havoc is the effects layer getting moved around.

This goes from water moving in a river, to the entire map rippling.

The other interesting thing, is that if I set all the layers as "Locked", when I restart the campaign, they are all unlocked.

This is really frustrating!!!
    Another known issue (the unlocking)

Thread Information