DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Backpack Bulk

Backpack Bulk

So I'm wondering if anyone has any easy way to handle the complexities of a backpack's bulk -- most notably, that it subtracts 2 bulk from what you're carrying.

First place all the stuff you want in the backpack. In the backpack.

You do this by writing in the Location field in the Inventory list (its next to the Item Description, see column headers) "Backpack" (it will auto fill the name as you type)

Go to the Main Tab and then BACK to the Inventory tab (to refresh list) and you will see the items you tagged as "backpack" are now located beneath the backpack item and slightly indented.

Now you will see some icon on the right. Click on it until then is no icon, this weight will be removed from the total. Do this with up to 2 bulk located in your backpack.

You can EVEN create an item called "Horse" then add locations of "Horse" to items. That way when your need that 50ft rope You GM can say "Ohhhhh Sorry, that rope is back on your horse...." (if your not the GM probably dont tell him this cause it will probably use it to make your lives hell!)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Hmmm, I wonder how much effort it would take to write an extension that would allow the bulk section to accept negative numbers. I wonder if it is the item entry not accepting negatives and zeroing, the inventory area not accepting negatives or both.

I really need to get back to having another shot at a proper container tally tool.

-edit-

Okay, so quick test. Editing the item bulk via the link allows you to set negative values and it applies correctly.

Editing the bulk value in the inventory has no effect and won't work.

I will still have a look later and see if I can make a simple extension, since the bulk calculations can handle it and the inventory does allow for negatives being displayed it should be pretty straight forward.

Slightly fiddlier than I would ultimately want (you cannot just set -2 and forget for instance) but it does work

The way I would do it atm is create two "weight reduction" items in the backpack with -1 bulk. This allows you to turn them on and off as needed and account for anything stored in the bag.

For the bag of holding I would do the opposite, have one "bag weight" item in the bag of holding, then unequip the bag, reequip the "bag weight" item. makes it super fast to calculate the current capacity of the bag too.
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; August 7th, 2020 at 20:19. Reason: had a look

Thread Information