DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    If you want players to control allies combat-wise, you must either add them as Allies into PC sheet and add them to CT from there OR more ad-hoc approach is move Ally CT entry into PC group. That allows the PC to roll from their sheet.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    If you want players to control allies combat-wise, you must either add them as Allies into PC sheet and add them to CT from there OR more ad-hoc approach is move Ally CT entry into PC group. That allows the PC to roll from their sheet.
    Is there a way to have a summoned ally in the combat tracker under a character so they don't get dealt their own card?

If the ally is under the character (in the Allies list on the Main tab) as Ikael suggests, it's easy. In the Combat Tracker click Menu, "Add to Tracker", "Add Allies". All allies under all characters in CT will have their respective allies added.

If the ally is not attached to the character, and is not in CT, drag the NPC's button (the one which opens the character sheet) and drop it on the character in CT on the group button. It's just to the right of the character name. With the default theme, it's red and looks like 3 meeples.

If the ally is already in CT, drag the character button (the one that open the character sheet in CT) and drop it on the controlling character's group button.

You can drag controlled character out from under another character and drop it on the CT to undo this.

I do this to reorganize encounters. The encounter lists NPCs in like groups and adds them to CT like that. I separate out hirelings, then move a few mooks under each hireling. So I can have 3 groups of 1 sergeant and 3 soldiers each. It would be cool if Encounters let you group them ahead of time like that.

You can do the same with PCs, btw. This is what we do with wild card animal companions. I figured out to put those on their own PC character sheet rather than an NPC sheet. Just an aside, but this confused me early on learning FGU, trying to figure out how wild cards like companions and sidekicks work in FGU.

Thank you Mike. That was very helpful. I wish there was an up to date wiki or documentation to help a new GM figure all of this out. Maybe there is but I just don't know where to find it. Maybe that is my own ineptitude or maybe it should be made more obvious. I've spent days watching videos, many of which are out of date, and combing the forums but still feel like I barely have an idea how to run a game.

There aren't enough Savage Worlds videos. Wikis are never up to date, anywhere. I think that's a wiki rule.

I don't know how good an example I am, but maybe you could watch me through discord some Thursday evening while I run game. Or I could give you a quick live tour.

Thread Information