DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FGU and Firewall Ports

Hi All,

I have searched around and I can't tell if the new FGU client requires me and my fellow players to open up ports on our firewall.
    Can someone let me know if that is the case?

I *could* download and install the software and see what happens, but I prefer to know these things ahead of time.
    I am not a subscriber (yet) and I am still trying to decide and this is an important factor for me.

Thanks

Craigbert

HI craigberst, welcome to FG

You have two methods of joining a game using Unity; the first uses a Cloud brokering service which allows connection without having to do anything special. The second is setting up a LAN game which means that the DM (only) will need to set up port forwarding to allow players to directly connect to their computer.

So, I guess the answer to your question is 'it depends on whether you use the Cloud or LAN'.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks @Zacchaeus. That clears that up!

Thread Information