DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sharing an Image/Map with a Late Player

So we started our game with one player still missing, I've shared the map with the players. Now the late guy logs in, too. The only way I found to share the map with him, too, is to un-share and re-share the map. Is that right or what am I missing?
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Just sharing the map again should be sufficient. You shouldn't need to unshare it. In fact the map should already be shared when the player joins and should be available for them to select from the images and maps list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The key thing, which Zacchaeus mentions, is that the player needs to go and open the image themselves from the desktop sidebar Images and Maps button. I know that sometimes this isn't straightforward for new-ish users or if there is a lot of images in the list. There is a way for the GM to get it to open on the new player's FG - wait until the player has selected a character and their portrait shows on the top left of the desktop, then drag/drop the image link to that PC portrait - it will open the image on that player's desktop only, and won't change the status of being already shared to everyone.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, okay. Thanks for your answers. Maybe I should find someone to GM a FG game with me as a player in order to change from the GM persepctive. Might be enleightening.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Start up another instance of FG on the same computer as the GM and use localhost as the IP address when connecting to the GM instance. This will help in showing you what the player see.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Start up another instance of FG on the same computer as the GM and use localhost as the IP address when connecting to the GM instance. This will help in showing you what the player see.
    Well, I know how this works, though it isn't nice on a single screen (damn old laptop with only one external monitor). Just let me grumble and complain in peace about my players not wanting to run a game.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

another option for image sharing is to drag and drop the image on the character portrait of the late player, this is great for sharing stuff only one player is privy to as well.
    Like when one player splits the party by running off on their own trying to get to the treasure first, only to find a trap laden hallway.
    Ultimate License holder.

Discord username: Halaku

Currently GMing:
    * Ashes of Ardenyan Chapter 2 - Pathfinder
    * Venice by Night - Vampire the Masquerade
    * Adventures in the Ebony Kingdom - Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition

Playing In:

Finished Campaigns
    * Curse of Strahd - DnD 5e
    * Ashes of Ardenyan - Pathfinder
    * Necessary Evil the Next Generation - Masks
    * Slipstream - Savage Worlds
    * Necessary Evil - Savage Worlds
    * Star Wars Age of Rebellion - FFG Star Wars

If your late player’s token is on the map already, have them open their character sheet and then double-click their token on their own character sheet. The map that their token is on will open and the view will become centered on their token.
    The GM can do this same trick by double clicking any token on the combat tracker but for some reason the players can only use the token on their owned char sheet.
    I also have my players use this truck in cases where I have to move them to a different part of the same image, such as if they’ve just gone up or down the stairs. Dragging their token from the Combat Tracker to the map in the new location makes their token simply vanish from where they are viewing it. Double clicking on the token in their char sheet snaps their view to the correct spot. Very useful!

You also can drag the link of the map from the upper left corner of the map to the chat (actual chat, not your chat entry section) and they can click on it there. Although I've learned something new that by dropping the map onto their character in the upper left it will open for them, so that's another great option for me!

Thread Information