5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Have Shield Guardian Auto take damage

Hi all,

For the shield guardian effect (half of any damage the PC takes rounded up is transferred to the Shield Guardian) is there any way to code this is automatically with an effect? Something like IF PCx takes damage, take half damage. Its easy enough to have the PC take half damage, but i can't figure out how to have the shield guardian automatically take damage when the PC is hit.

Thanks for any help people are able to offer!

Hi kushal welcome to FG.

No, there's isn't a way to automate this. the easiest way to do it is to roll the damage in chat - without a target selected. Then right click over the damage in chat and select half. Now drag that result onto the target and again onto the Shield Guardian.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ah okay thanks. I saw a previous post on this topic, but was hoping there might be new features on FGU i had missed!

Very similar question. Trying to create a custom high level necromantic spell where the target takes the same amount of damage as the caster. Something like IF caster takes X damage than target takes X damage or something. I have been playing around with it but haven't found the right code.

Hi Justan, welcome to FG.

There isn't a way to do this automatically since you can't use IF or IFT to test for damage taken or whatever. All you need do in your case is to drag the damage dealt from chat and drop it onto the target.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks. At least I know it wasn't my stupidity. Appreciate the quick response.

Thread Information