STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Monsters visible on map, not on combat tracker

Hi

From what understand, if I spawn an encounter the mobs will be invisible on map and in combat tracker until I click the visibility icon, then they will be visible on both.

Is there a good way to get a third state - monsters are invisible on combat tracker, but can be discovered on map. Once discovered on map I can click visibility icon to show them for players on combat tracker as well?

Then I could spawn all encounters on map and get a better flow as players explore the map and discover new monsters.

No, the visiblity of a monster is determined by the state on the Combat Tracker. I would not recommend putting all the monsters from every encounter from a map onto the combat tracker in any case since you'll get completely bogged down with monsters.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mirtul View Post
    Hi

From what understand, if I spawn an encounter the mobs will be invisible on map and in combat tracker until I click the visibility icon, then they will be visible on both.

Is there a good way to get a third state - monsters are invisible on combat tracker, but can be discovered on map. Once discovered on map I can click visibility icon to show them for players on combat tracker as well?

Then I could spawn all encounters on map and get a better flow as players explore the map and discover new monsters.
    I don’t necessarily want to put all of my encounters on the map at once but I would LOVE it if my NPCs were only visible on the combat tracker if a player could see them. Often my players have said things like ‘dang. There’s ten Orcs in this group!’ Just because they’ve opened a door and could see only one of them so far but I made all visible On the CT so that I didn’t accidentally miss one later that they might see.

Edit: read the OP's post wrongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirtul View Post
    This sounds exactly like the "Mask Sensitive Visibility" option, which you set on each enemy token on the map (right-click => visibility => mask). That's what I use to allow players to reveal tokens by using LOS, even while they are hidden on the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by tcrossbar View Post
    I don’t necessarily want to put all of my encounters on the map at once but I would LOVE it if my NPCs were only visible on the combat tracker if a player could see them. Often my players have said things like ‘dang. There’s ten Orcs in this group!’ Just because they’ve opened a door and could see only one of them so far but I made all visible On the CT so that I didn’t accidentally miss one later that they might see.
    Maybe just add them to the combat tracker as they become visible?

I added a wish list for this function. Upvote it!

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=134336

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    I added a wish list for this function. Upvote it!

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=134336
    But what they are asking for in this post is the feature which already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by sstarsslayer View Post
    But what they are asking for in this post is the feature which already exists.
    Probably, but why not take it to the next level and save the guy from having to manually search the combat tracker for the correct NPC and click the eye icon. Its a pain if there are 10 zombies and you have to search for zombie 7 in a CT list that has 15 or more NPC's and PC's.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Probably, but why not take it to the next level and save the guy from having to manually search the combat tracker for the correct NPC and click the eye icon. Its a pain if there are 10 zombies and you have to search for zombie 7 in a CT list that has 15 or more NPC's and PC's.
    I agree. I'll upvote. "mask-sensitive" could be an option on the CT record, in addition to it already being on the token.

Thread Information