5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

New Effects Removes LOS Data

I have observed that every time an effect is added or removed from a character, the character loses all LOS data until the token is selected again. Even then, the previously viewed area (fog of war) is gone, too.

I did some cursory searching, but couldn't find any conversation about it. Is this a known issue?

I haven’t seen this. Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extension?

Also what ruleset are you using?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you have an extension that replaces tokens, then LoS/FoW data will be lost.

JPG

I have an extension that has that capability, "Critically Awesome Essentials" that provides support for Rob2E's druid changing feature! It's not a function I'm actively using, but it would make sense that it gets triggered even when it doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by TJL; August 14th, 2020 at 02:43.

Quote Originally Posted by TJL View Post
    I have an extension that has that capability, "Critically Awesome Essentials" that provides support for Rob2E's druid changing feature! It's not a function I'm actively using, but it would make sense that it gets triggered even when it doesn't do anything.
    The token swapping only occurs when the wildshape is triggered. nothing is touched or done when a normal effect is added or subtracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablobob View Post
    The token swapping only occurs when the wildshape is triggered. nothing is touched or done when a normal effect is added or subtracted.
    It's the only extension the DM had installed, and behavior it is capable of fits Moon Wizard's suggestion. It wouldn't be the first piece of software with unexpected behavior. In any case, we weren't about to fiddle with it mid-session, but we're definitely going to experiment before game next time we get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablobob View Post
    Forgot to reply after last week's session...

It was definitely ""Critically Awesome Essentials" - removing the extension made the problem go away.

Sorry, Bob... You've got some debugging to do.
    Last edited by TJL; August 27th, 2020 at 00:01. Reason: Added quote.

Thread Information