DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Sorry to kick a dead horse on this topic, but I would like to take it a small step further. I do the same thing as Eclipse, but I go to other places to host my sessions, so I cannot remote into the computer I use to build the campaign. I have experimented with moving the data folder to a cloud drive and making sure that it sync's completely before turning off one computer and moving to the other, but it still doesn't like doing that and ends up "reinstalling" a bunch of stuff every time I change computers. Is there any kosher way to put the data files on a cloud or something so I can move easily from computer to computer? (I understand that cloud introduces its own risk of corrupting files, not completely syncing, and so forth. I am willing to accept that)

Blog Entries
    If you were to do that you would sync the whole FGData folder and you would rerun the updater also.
    It could be a lot of data, its not supported etc etc etc... but thats what you would do...

And welcome.

Thanks! Love the program, been using it for a few years now. It's grown amazingly!

Yeah, I figured that'd be your answer, and is what I'm doing. Was just crossing my fingers that there'd be some neat trick I didn't know about, to make it a smoother transition. I'm fine with this though.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by TheeEnlitened1 View Post
    I recently got a new computer. Following what I read here, I moved the campaign files from the AppData library on Computer 1 to Computer 2. However, when I load the campaign on Computer 2 in FGU, none of the characters or assets in the folder actually appear in FGU. The db.xml file seems to have the character data (this is most important to me, as I can readd images and NPCs relatively quickly), but I cannot figure out how to get the information from that file to appear in a character selection window or interpret all of the stats to manually recreate character sheets. Any recommendations?
    I'm having a similar problem. Installed FGU onto the New Computer, then transferred everything in the Campaign folder from the Old Computer to the Campaign folder of the New Computer. I then launch FGU, and the "Load a Campaign" button is greyed out and can't be clicked. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    I'm having a similar problem. Installed FGU onto the New Computer, then transferred everything in the Campaign folder from the Old Computer to the Campaign folder of the New Computer. I then launch FGU, and the "Load a Campaign" button is greyed out and can't be clicked. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Create a new test campaign. Does it create it in the same campaigns directory that you copied the campaign files from your old computer to? If so, please provide a screenshot of that campaigns directory in file explorer - showing file details view. If the new campaign is not created in the same directories as your copies, then click the folder icon in the top left of the main FG launch screen and open the campaigns directory in the file explorer window that appears - assuming your new campaign is shown in the campaigns directory, copy your old campaign files to here - then restart FGU.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Create a new test campaign. Does it create it in the same campaigns directory that you copied the campaign files from your old computer to? If so, please provide a screenshot of that campaigns directory in file explorer - showing file details view.
    Yes - the test campaign did create in the same directory that I copied the old campaign files. Screenshot is below - let me know if there are any file details missing you would like to see. (Test Campaign is named as such, with the other three "old" campaigns.) Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 22.32.38.png

Yes - the test campaign did create in the same directory that I copied the old campaign files. Screenshot is below - let me know if there are any file details missing you would like to see. (Test Campaign is named as such, with the other three "old" campaigns.) Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 22.32.38.png
    Is the load campaign button accessible now? If so, what campaigns are available to load?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Is the load campaign button accessible now? If so, what campaigns are available to load?
    Hi Trenloe - yes, the button is accessible, but the only campaign accessible is the test campaign I created (please see screenshot). Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 15.55.02.png

Hi Trenloe - yes, the button is accessible, but the only campaign accessible is the test campaign I created (please see screenshot). Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 15.55.02.png
    Please provide screenshots from file explorer showing expanded "5E Example Campaign" and "Everyone Must Die!" directories.

Attached. (Everyone Must Die! is very long, so let me know if you need to see more.)

As soon as you suggested this, I noticed there is no db.xml file in those directories, where there is one in Test Campaign. Any suggestion on which of the xml files I should copy and rename db.xml, if that is the solution? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 16.33.18.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 16.32.47.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 16.32.53.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 16.33.05.png

Thread Information