5E Character Create Playlist

Dice Target Numbers

I'm not sure if I'm just an idiot that cant find it, but is there no target number macro for fantasy grounds? So it wouldnt automate rolls in something like Shadowrun where every roll of a 5 or 6 counts as a "success" and you need a certain number of successes to perform your task?

Blog Entries
    Not sure if the new die macros in FGU allow target numbers. But prior to that, target numbers are a function of the ruleset. I know MoreCore has target numbers. CoreRPG in FGU might. Other rulesets that need them will have them. Check the forums, there are several ShadowRun rulesets around. Not sure the status of any of them though.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    MoreCore supports several Shadowrun rolls but also Fantasy Grounds Unity has a much improved dice handler and can do that too.

Oh it does? Could you tell me the macro for it? I'm using FGU but I cant seem to find any command that works with target numbers.

Blog Entries
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ce-Expressions
    But I'm not sure all rulesets support them all. Not sure.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...0/Rolling+Dice

/die 6d6s5 roll 6dice and count 5s and 6s as successes
    /die 6d6s5s6#2 roll 6dice and counts 5s as success and 6s as two successes
    /die 6d6s5s6#2f1 roll 6dice and counts 5s as success and 6s as two successes and every 1 as a failure

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...0/Rolling+Dice

/die 6d6s5 roll 6dice and count 5s and 6s as successes
    /die 6d6s5s6#2 roll 6dice and counts 5s as success and 6s as two successes
    /die 6d6s5s6#2f1 roll 6dice and counts 5s as success and 6s as two successes and every 1 as a failure
    Damned, (I'm back at it with RW and a new ruleset)

Can I set a success count where the string calls a variable number? I am designing a CS for Twilight: 2013 and they count successes under the target number (and failures over) but the target number isn't set by the ruleset.

Say I have an attribute of 12. 2d20s12f12 works. But I need it to call the attribute number, as these will change from attribute to attribute and CS to CS. Also, the ruleset counts rolling UNDER the target number as a success, how would I change that from the default?
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; April 18th, 2023 at 14:46.

Blog Entries
    In the RSW you would just use 2d20 and you would use a result handler function to compare to your attribute and declare success or failure.

Thread Information