5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    No worries! Frustrations can happen and are quite common with some projects. My first extension was a specialization of MoreCore to use Shadow of the Demon Lord. Was constantly asking questions and bugging Damned for insights into the code. I hit a ton of walls and decided to drop it for a bit and move onto another project, which I noticed was much easier with my gained knowledge. I then tried things and tinkered and went back to fill in the gaps of what I was missing. I did that with each project. I'm not saying this is for everyone, but my point is that you might be working through a project and hitting that wall, then suddenly one day, boom, light bulb and it works. Just keep at it and we'll continue to assist the best we can.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    No worries! Frustrations can happen and are quite common with some projects. My first extension was a specialization of MoreCore to use Shadow of the Demon Lord. Was constantly asking questions and bugging Damned for insights into the code. I hit a ton of walls and decided to drop it for a bit and move onto another project, which I noticed was much easier with my gained knowledge. I then tried things and tinkered and went back to fill in the gaps of what I was missing. I did that with each project. I'm not saying this is for everyone, but my point is that you might be working through a project and hitting that wall, then suddenly one day, boom, light bulb and it works. Just keep at it and we'll continue to assist the best we can.
    Well, I'm going to finish this if it kills me

Speaking of frustration - just had to override the dreaded applyDamage() routine in 5e for one line. ONE LINE!!!! It was buried in the middle of it too so I could not simply call the original and do my stuff to reduce risk of cross incompatibility with other extensions. I've come to the mind - sometimes your just going to not be compatible.

Code:
    			-- Deal with remainder damage
    			if nRemainder >= nTotalHP then
    				table.insert(aNotifications, "[INSTANT DEATH]");
    				nDeathSaveFail = 3;
    				table.insert(aNotifications, "[DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY " .. nRemainder.. "]"); -- THE ONE THING I NEEDED TO ADD IN
    			elseif nRemainder > 0 then
    				table.insert(aNotifications, "[DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY " .. nRemainder.. "]");
    				if nPrevWounds >= nTotalHP then
    					if rDamageOutput.bCritical then
    						nDeathSaveFail = nDeathSaveFail + 2;
    					else
    						nDeathSaveFail = nDeathSaveFail + 1;
    					end
    				end
    			else
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Are there extension testers in there? If so - maybe so one day
    There are FG users there. If by extension testers you mean people who can connect to your game and act like a player, sure. If you mean other devs like you, well, sometimes.

Of course, it all depends upon who is there, what their time and interest is, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information