STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Save work?

Save work?

So, I had a strange thing occur. Several notes that I had written for a campaign (some very well written I might add) and placed on my grand campaign map (plotting the party's travel for future reference) disappeared. Gone! I believe there were 5-6 notes detailing events of 5-6 days. Also a character I added to the party sheet is now today not in the party sheet. At the same time, adjustments to inventory and coin returned to the pre-session totals. Any thoughts? Is there a memory limit for notes/maps etc?

FGC/FGU?
    Which Operating system are you using?
    Did you get a popup message when you loaded your campaign mentioning old data was being used?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry for the delay:

FGU
    Windows 10
    No messages.

Like Trenloe I suspect that FGU didn't close properly and that your campaign data is therefore corrupted a little. What you can do is this:

1. Copy the campaign folder for the campaign you have an issue with and put the copy somewhere safe.
    2. Open the original folder and find the file db.xml (if you do not see the .xml part then look up at the top of the window and click on the view tab and tick the box next to File name extensions)
    3. Rename this file to dbold.xml (or whatever).
    4. Now see if there is a file called backup.xml in that folder. If there is then rename that to db.xml and then start up your campaign.
    5. If that doesn't help then back in the campaign folder again you'll find several files in the format db.session.xxxxxxxxx.xml. Find the one with the most recent datestamp (or has the biggest size) and rename that to db.xml and start your campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I messed around with it a little earlier and it kept the work today. I did look and there are about a dozen db backup files, twice that in db sessions and 1 that says db restore. The restore is the most recent . The most recent backup is 8/2 most recent session 8/4. The dbxml is dated today 8/6. Still go ahead with the suggestions above?

If you have done work then you will lose that if you revert to a previous session. So it is up to you really. If you do try then remember to copy the entire folder somewhere so that if it doesn’t work then you can always go back to it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Also make sure that you're not saving your FG data in a place that auto-syncs with the cloud, such as OneDrive or DropBox.

Thread Information