Starfinder Playlist

Template Template

I tried searching, but couldn't find it. Has anyone made an extension (or ruleset even) of just templates?

So there can be a one stop shop for templates that exist in Core (and MoreCore even).

Right now I am opening a bunch of rulesets and trying to find what I need (because I can't remember or sometimes know what I am looking for) and it would be nice to just open an extension with an extra character sheet page or party sheet page that has a bunch of template objects that I can say "That is what I want" and go grab/model the code.

If not I will probably start working on one, but I didn't want to re-invent the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Not that I'm aware of. Not quite sure I can envision what you are describing, but looking forward to seeing what you develop

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I understand that. It is tough to prioritize work that helps in the future, but not right now.

I would suggest keeping a notes file, composition book, or sticky notes. These can help in keeping track of the elements you like best and their location. CoreRPG is basically one giant ruleset of templates. It's the basis for what developers use to build their creations. The templates contained within the ruleset are your best bet for a start. When I was first digging around, I made a autohotkey text replacement for my lingo for the template to help get through a project, but also learn what the templates. If you have questions, we will try to answer the best we can.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

thank you. The issue I tend to have when I dive into a ruleset to "borrow" code is tracing it through all the prior steps that allow it to work.

So I started an extension that adds a new character sheet, and as I go through developing when I do something new (to me) I will also add it to that sheet in the simplest way possible. Then over time I should have an extension with a lot of random elements that I can load up and say "That element is what I am looking for." and copy it.

So I did run into a question I couldn't find an answer for in the forums or development guide.
    - is there a way to anchor to something (on a character sheet for example) without a frame?

I know frames are a nice way to border off something, but I am trying to play around to see the limits.
    I also know a workaround would be to make a clear image as a frame, but as Slughorn suggested to Tom Riddle "This is all hypothetical, isn't it, Tom? All academic?"

Without a frame it still needs to be anchored to something or the use of bounds. The dimensions needs to be defined or it will just not be created.

<stringfield name="name">
    <anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="90,20">
    <right offset="-40" />
    </anchored>
    <multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
    <font>charselecttitle</font>
    <empty textres="library_recordtype_empty_charsheet" />
    <disabled />
    </stringfield>
    Here is an example of an element that doesn't have a defined anchor point, but is assumed to be anchored to the parent frame it's being created from.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information