DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    So I was taking a Fantasy grounds College class a few weeks back and the instructor mentioned that. I have tested it and it works. It how I got the character out of the class and to my local computer so I could keep it.
    When a player uses the /save chat command when connected to a GM, it reports in the chat window "Character data saved". This is kind of correct, but a little misleading... FG performs a save of the local player campaign cache data when you exit FG (like I mentioned above in post #5). So there's really no need to issues the /save command - unless you have some a reason to save right then and there (e.g. your laptop battery is dying, you don't have time to exit FG and you're not going to reconnect to the GM any time soon).

Using /save doesn't get around the current issue noted in the link I provided in post #7 above: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post532504 because it's not doing anything different than what happens when a player exits FG. It sounds like the linked issue wasn't around when you did your FG College class, which is probably what's causing confusion.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I see another difference. In classic there is an option to Manager Characters. This is where you would have access to the Characters that you saved. Unity currently does not have this implemented. I had not gone looking for it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    I see another difference. In classic there is an option to Manager Characters. This is where you would have access to the Characters that you saved. Unity currently does not have this implemented. I had not gone looking for it until now.
    Correct. Manage characters will not be in FGU. The functionality I mention in post #3 above replaces Manage Characters (when there isn't the issue reported in the link I provided above).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information