DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Another dumb noob question

One of my players has asked me how he can access his character sheet outside of game time. Despite combing the User Manual and the FG Unity wiki, I can't figure it out. Is there a way for him to get at the character sheet without me starting up the campaign and him joining for the express purpose of editing it?

You can export it from the character select screen. Email to him to import into his. Litte blue arrow buttons when the brown button. Bottom right is expanded
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

In FGU the user has access to all PCs that they have used as a player while using FGU on a specific computer - start up a campaign for the ruleset the PC was in (create one if they don't have one already - make it LAN so no one tries to connect), and from the Character Selection screen select "Import Character" (the blue up arrow button) and you'll see all of the PCs you used in a game for the campaign's ruleset on that computer. Click the green "+" sign to import them into that campaign to view/edit. I usually name my campaign "Characters - <ruleset>" and keep all my character edits there. Then, when joining a GM's game, I can import any characters I have in a local campaign - e.g. the "Characters - <ruleset>" campaign where I have all my characters.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 6th, 2020 at 10:37.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So while you are playing he can do a /save in chat. This will allow him to launch manage characters on his local computer. Any changes he makes will not be imported to the game unless he export the charter and the DM reimports the character. It is also worth nothing that if the DM has books available that the player does not he will not have access the them while he is not connected. Also if the player does have books that the DM does not he could link things that might not work once it is reimported.

You don’t need to specifically issue any save command. The data is kept up to date in the player cache locally. Just exit FGU normally and any PC you were controlling when you exited the campaign will be available to import into a campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So just to follow up; I played in a 5E game last night. I imported character into the game, player him, made some changes, and then left the game. Today, when I create a new 5e campaign, I press import characters, and I can import the same character, but only the version prior to playing in last nights game. None of the changes that I made during the game are saved. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by timdog88 View Post
    Am I missing something?
    The same thing I was missing!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post532504

Do a /save and you will have it local until it is fixed. I think you might need to export it and send it to the DM to import or even import into your new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    Do a /save and you will have it local until it is fixed.
    This is the second time you've mentioned /save. What do you think this actually does? Because I'm wondering if you're confusing it with something else...

So I was taking a Fantasy grounds College class a few weeks back and the instructor mentioned that. I have tested it and it works. It how I got the character out of the class and to my local computer so I could keep it.

Thread Information