FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Error Get Package Files

So I purchased FG2, and during the install I get this error:

Error - Get Package Files: Network: Time out.
    Retrying in 10 Seconds
    updating UpdaterEngine.exe

and continues to retry and repeats the same thing.

Tried port forwarding and that didnt work..

Any ideas on how to fix this?

There seems to be undue load on the FG server over the last couple of days. I got similar messages yesterday doing an update and I've not seen them before.

My advice is to wait 15 minutes and try again.

BTW - it's nothing to do with port forwarding, it's a "simple" download from the FG servers.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ugh, Still not working. Is there a way to check the status of the FG servers?

Quote Originally Posted by themasterhermit
    Ugh, Still not working. Is there a way to check the status of the FG servers?
    See this thread - post #2: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d.php?p=149697

See how the database restart goes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm having the same issue:
    I've just bought the FG II Master version and I'm trying to install now.
    On the first screen, I've selected my paths and entered my license screen. Then, a new window pops up, telling me what it is currently doing.

It downloads and updates some items, but when it reaches 'updating FantasyGrounds.exe', it gets an error message: 'ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out'.

Sometimes it continues to other items such as modules/Monsters.mod

It retries a couple of times, but not seem to process...

FG team, please help!
    Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn
    I'm having the same issue:
    I've just bought the FG II Master version and I'm trying to install now.
    On the first screen, I've selected my paths and entered my license screen. Then, a new window pops up, telling me what it is currently doing.

It downloads and updates some items, but when it reaches 'updating FantasyGrounds.exe', it gets an error message: 'ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out'.

Sometimes it continues to other items such as modules/Monsters.mod

It retries a couple of times, but not seem to process...
    It appears that over the last 2-3 weeks this is happening quite a lot. It happened to me yesterday (updating fantastygrounds.exe) and I had to try the update 2 times (updating uses the same process that is used to install the initial FG application).

Hopefully this will be improved on by the FG server admins soon, but in the meantime I am afraid it is a matter of keep trying.

I've just tried an update now and it seems to be working fine. Also, if you are using WiFi on the PC you are installing to make sure you have good signal strength as there are a lot of files to download and poor signal strength may contribute to the issue - it really shouldn't, but best to make sure you have good signal strength just in case...

Having the same problem. Initially I couldn't load a campaign (or any campaign) from the start menu screen. Wouldn't update, as couldn't establish a connection.

Thought I would try a re-install to see if that resolved the issue,, now unable to re-install due to the 'GetProduct/Get Packages' time out error.

More than a little annoying, given that I've had players waiting over an hour now to join a game I can't even start.

Having the same problem. Initially I couldn't load a campaign (or any campaign) from the start menu screen. Wouldn't update, as couldn't establish a connection.

Thought I would try a re-install to see if that resolved the issue,, now unable to re-install due to the 'GetProduct/Get Packages' time out error.

More than a little annoying, given that I've had players waiting over an hour now to join a game I can't even start.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemister

This seems to be related to the GMs FG session being unable to communicate to the FG servers to update the alias connection information. Sometimes if the server is really slow to respond it can take 5 minutes to start loading correctly - press the start button once and wait (and hope).

If you are experiencing these delays, you can disable the alias functionality, but you will have to give your players the current external IP address for your game. On the "Load Campaign" screen click "<< Click to rretrieve>>" in the "external" address information box and let your players know this IP address. Also make sure "Enable Alias" is not selected in the alias information section - this should allow you to run your game when there are issues connecting to the FG servers.

Thread Information