5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Fantasy ground classic:crash for one of my player

One of my player game keep crashing.
    I try to unload all books,all extension and mods and relaunch the campaign -he still crashes
    I try to make a new campaign -he still crashes when he try to load the player handbook
    I made him full clean reinstall the application -he still crashes in either campaign

(on our normal campaign)I have 1.79GB worth of maps,464 KB of portraits and 3.95 MB of token (all gm side)

I made him open is task manager,the ram spike at 1g max but is CPU goes near 100% before crashing (before and after reinstall)

We played last week without any issue,the other player was able to log in with some lag but no problems

Yesterday my other party all 4 player where able to get in without any issue

He try to test on other game and is CPU doesn't seems to spike like it does on Fantasy Ground

I don't seem to find any log file to share here

his specs: win 10,32g ram,i5 8400,GTX 1660,(installed on) SSD
    Game version:Fantasy Ground DEMO
    Campaign:5e

Hi se I’ll, welcome to FG.

Can you define crash. Do you mean that FG goes non responsive, or do you mean that the whole computer crashes to blue screen, or what do you mean. Do you get any error messages at all. Your player may want to check to see if his anti virus software may be interfering with FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Welcome, sorry you and your player are having problems.

Where do you store those tokens? They should be in token modules. If they are in the tokens/shared folder that is a problem.

Remember, file size of images is a small fraction (1/4 to 1/10) the size of the image size when it is opened. (i.e. a 10MB file size image can take up 100MB in process memory).

Have your player clear their cache (nuke icon on FG launch screen in FGC, or delete the cache folder in FGU). Then with nothing shared, have them reconnect.

If that doesn't work, have your player look at their system event view and post the error messages they are seeing there when FG crashes. Let us know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Definition of the crash is that the game goes unresponsive multiple time (after telling windows,no to close it and wait) the program just exit out on is own,no error message.No anti virus outside of the base windows one.

my token are in the share folder,when he get back tomorrow I will remove them from there and try again but it didn't seem to affect any of my other player.

Yes he deleted his cache

When he gets back we will check the system event view and report back with it if the token removal doesn't fix it

Blog Entries
    Is he running 32bit or 64bit windows? My guess s/he is running 32bit and all your other players are 64bit.

Have them use task manager to check the size of the fantasygrounds.exe process. Any program will crash when that number reaches about 1.3GB or 3GB depending upon 32 or 64bit Windows (regardless of how much RAM is in the computer).

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

he's using 64 bit windows,he also never reached 3GB .the max he got was 1,something GB.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If they are in the tokens/shared folder that is a problem.
    I actually didn’t realize this for some dumb reason. Is it just an overload for them basically? I’ve had the same problem with a player in FGC (since switched the FGU).
    Running: Ultimate License (FGC/FGU)
    Preferred Rulesets: Pathfinder/Starfinder
    Timezone: US Eastern Standard Time [EST = GMT -5; EDT = GMT - 4]

Blog Entries
    The issue with tokens in the shared folder in FGC is that the client opens into memory every token shared with it. The same doesn't apply to the host, but for the client this can be a problem.

Thread Information