DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It doesn't do that in the standard ruleset without any extensions. That looks like the empty indicator in the normal ruleset, which is just another option - they're not known to be friendly, neutral or hostile - just another categorisation (and display colour in the CT) - use as you wish.
    Thanks!

Actually I like this idea since the DM can still see his place on the map and he can still access his profile and the DM can insist on him IMing his direction and movement. Its a hassle but a PC who wants to be invisible all the time WOULD be a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It doesn't do that in the standard ruleset without any extensions. That looks like the empty indicator in the normal ruleset, which is just another option - they're not known to be friendly, neutral or hostile - just another categorisation (and display colour in the CT) - use as you wish.
    Trenloe, I cant find out HOW the empty indicator can be used. IE If the PCs have a patron for example, can an NPC have the same custom indicator to indicate they are both from the same patron, or have the same DragonMark or something.

Moreover, can an NPC be set to be invisible to SOME players but not all. Maybe the indicator can be used to set up that sort of selective visibility? for eg. A ghost appears to only the elves in the party or only to the three who are members of the Griffin Ryders faction or something?

You can use map coordinates, the PC can IM you any waypoints and end point locations.

Blog Entries
    Honestly for me it adds to my enjoyment.
    The "invisible" character runs into the fray causing havoc. The spellcaster deems "its time" and starts drawing a circle on the map for the fireball. Everyone leans in with a mixture of horror and glee...

Monte Cook (remember him?) had an article about this one time (might've been in Complete Eldritch Might). He said if GMs had a problem with wizards seemingly always having a top down view of the map to place precise area effects, to make the edge of the effect variable. So any creature (friend or foe) who was exactly on either side of the edge had a 50/50 chance to get hit by it.
    So, monsters just inside the circle had a 50% chance to get missed. And PCs just outside the circle still had a 50% chance to get hit.
    This is mostly for large areas (fireball, cone of cold, and the like). But I found it kept casters from being such good mathematicians in the middle of an intense battle.

Use two maps, one for the rogue and one for the rest of the party. Share the "rogue" map only with the rogue by dragging the map shortcut to the character (don't use the share "all" button). Then share the other map with everyone. When the rogue goes invisible, move his token to the Rogue map and when he's visible, move it back over to the player's map.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGCrate View Post
    Use two maps, one for the rogue and one for the rest of the party. Share the "rogue" map only with the rogue by dragging the map shortcut to the character (don't use the share "all" button). Then share the other map with everyone. When the rogue goes invisible, move his token to the Rogue map and when he's visible, move it back over to the player's map.
    That is a good idea, going to have to test this.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    That is a good idea, going to have to test this.
    If you are using lighting and fog of war, moving the token from one map to another will mess with that. There is an extension called FoWEnhanced that allows you to save FoW when removing a token from a map, I highly recommend getting it.

FoWEnhanced

I got that extension so fast months ago. :-)
    Last edited by Farnaby; November 14th, 2022 at 16:58. Reason: speeling is hard
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Thread Information