Starfinder Playlist

Manage Character

I couldn’t find it elsewhere but I’m curious as to why FGU doesn’t have the manage character function on the main load window.

On top of that, a great function would be to have the same functions available in a campaign. i.e. the roll/points tabs available for use when the filter “Create PC” is selected.

Hi legoboy, welcome to FG.

Manage characters was deprecated for Unity since it caused all sorts of additional coding. In Unity you don't need manage characters because if you load a campaign or join one then you can import any character that you have created in any other campaign. The Character Wizard (only available in 5e at the moment) has all the options for dice rolling including point buy and roll 4d6 drop 1 etc. The idea is that this will eventually be rolled out to all ruleset. The way Unity handles characters is way better than how Classic did does it so it's good that there it's no longer there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I see the character wizard for 5e now thank you. My only edit would be the option to reroll individual stats instead of having to only reroll all of them. As a DM I usually only make players reroll final results for a stat below a certain number. I don’t want them to lose any of the other rolls

Quote Originally Posted by legoboy177 View Post
    I see the character wizard for 5e now thank you. My only edit would be the option to reroll individual stats instead of having to only reroll all of them. As a DM I usually only make players reroll final results for a stat below a certain number. I don’t want them to lose any of the other rolls
    Since everything is fully editable you can just type a number into the stat box. Have the player roll in chat and then just input that number.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Discussion (problems, enhancements, etc) of the 5E Character Wizard are best done here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-(2020)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I partially created a character twice in Unity once using the Wizard and the second via a menu selection. Both time the character disappeared when I restarted the application.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker433 View Post
    I partially created a character twice in Unity once using the Wizard and the second via a menu selection. Both time the character disappeared when I restarted the application.
    The character wizard does not automatically save the character until you hit the save button.

What operating system are you using and how are you exiting FG?

Are you receiving any chat or console messages about being unable to save? Can you reproduce and then include the log files here for us to review?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok, so ATM how to you make a character for P2e?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
    Ok, so ATM how to you make a character for P2e?
    Drag and drop.

See the PF2E forums for specific help and it'e the best place to ask questions about that ruleset and game. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Pathfinder-2-0

Thread Information