FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Am I doing something wrong or is the AoE Player's Guide actually missing?

Quote Originally Posted by User69 View Post
    Am I doing something wrong or is the AoE Player's Guide actually missing?
    It's being developed. Should be out relatively soon.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Curious here: Will there be LoS for Unity users?

- posted in other thread -
    Last edited by Weissrolf; September 17th, 2020 at 09:28.

Quote Originally Posted by rgtschope View Post
    Curious here: Will there be LoS for Unity users?
    Yeah. It'll definitely be put in as soon as I can get a little time to set it up. At the moment, I thought it would be a little more important to get the 2nd (and probably 3rd) of the series out ASAP to catch up to their release schedules.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Couldn't agree more! Thanks for the hard work there

I do not fully agree. The Player's Guide is needed for character creation and the series just began. So people are just starting to play the first part and need the PG to do so for the very specific backgrounds of this AP. The beginning of an AP should have part 1 + PG available before releasing later parts as the PG is an integral part of part 1.

One could say that #1 isn't finished yet, because it's missing what every AP begins with.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; September 18th, 2020 at 09:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I do not fully agree. The Player's Guide is needed for character creation and the series just began. So people are just starting to play the first part and need the PG to do so for the very specific backgrounds of this AP. The beginning of an AP should have part 1 + PG available before releasing later parts as the PG is an integral part of part 1.

One could say that #1 isn't finished yet, because it's missing what every AP begins with.
    ShadeRaven was referring to doing LoS (FGU Line of Sight) later. He wasn't saying he's going to do the Player Guide later.

As mentioned on post #32 above, "It's being developed. Should be out relatively soon."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Stupid me then, albeit I am a bit torn whether having a fully developed part 1 (including LoS) would not be better than bringing out later parts first. I pondered whether to start this AP using Unity, but decided against it fearing too many potential pitfalls with two new FG players in this group. Without LoS there is no incentive to use Unity at all.

We substituted the missing backgrounds with other backgrounds and manual editing for the time being.

Valid points, Weiss, but there were a couple of factors going into my decision. First was that Unity, technically, is still in Early Access/Open Beta. It's possible that there will be adjustments before full release that could impact any of its features. Secondly, because the first is playable without LOS but the second isn't playable at all, it's important to get the product out for those who want a playable version. I'd love nothing better than to have LOS and all the released products for Agents of Edgewatch finished, but everything (unfortunately) takes time and I do my best to attend to what seems to be the higher impact/need items.

Thread Information