DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by qunitvineu View Post
    I would love to hear you explain this further! I'm looking to learn more about all this and improve my FGU experience anywhere I can
    What you can do is make a copy of the .mod file (just in case) right-click on the new .mod file and replace .mod with .zip to turn it into a zip file. from there you extract it and there should be an xml file with all the data within it (db.xml). what I did was go in and saw that all the data (like health) had a space in front of it and that was messing up fantasy grounds. I believe what i did was replace "type="number"> " with "type="number">" (removing the space). Just do a big replace all and everything should work out fine. I think I also did the same for "type="string"> " just to be safe. When you are done editing, just save it, zip it back up, and rename the .zip to .mod. This should give you your edited .mod folder. Good luck! make srue to take the original mod you copied out of the modules folder if you have it in there already so you don't get confused. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Braincain007 View Post
    What you can do is make a copy of the .mod file (just in case) right-click on the new .mod file and replace .mod with .zip to turn it into a zip file. from there you extract it and there should be an xml file with all the data within it (db.xml). what I did was go in and saw that all the data (like health) had a space in front of it and that was messing up fantasy grounds. I believe what i did was replace "type="number"> " with "type="number">" (removing the space). Just do a big replace all and everything should work out fine. I think I also did the same for "type="string"> " just to be safe. When you are done editing, just save it, zip it back up, and rename the .zip to .mod. This should give you your edited .mod folder. Good luck! make srue to take the original mod you copied out of the modules folder if you have it in there already so you don't get confused. Good luck!
    My problem is different, the feats appears, but the description is empty

Code:
    <id-00934>
    			<description type="formattedtext">
    				<p></p>
    			</description>
    			<flavor type="string">Dragonmark</flavor>
    			<linkedpowers>
    			</linkedpowers>
    			<locked type="number">1</locked>
    			<name type="string">Aberrant Mark of Contagion</name>
    			<shortdescription type="string">Heroic Tier\nBenefit: Whenever you hit an enemy with a daily attack power, that enemy takes a -2 penalty to saving throws against ongoing damage until the end of the encounter.\nPublished in Eberron Player's Guide, page(s) 86.</shortdescription>
    		</id-00934>
    Any advice? Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Braincain007 View Post
    Okay my buddy who knows coding helped me out with this because it wasn't working at first but WE FIGURED IT OUT!!

When you go into the "db.xml" file in notepad ++ what you want to do is replace "<hp type="string"> " with "<hp type="string">" so that there is no space after the ">". Then when you pull npcs to the combat tracker their HP will come too.
    *Changing the other things that you said broke it and it wasn't able to find any of the monster data in FGU so just make the above change I think.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaFontana View Post
    I'm really glad it worked for you! The gratification of knowing that people can play 4th on FG again with the same ease as my group is all I need

Well this certainly is a bummer! But I'm sure we can fix it through.

First thing, please try and execute (double-click) only the power.exe file which is the one that seems having trouble since npc and feats worked well.
    And then tell me if you can see the issue happening (writent in the console). If you can see the issue please screen capture it here so that I can troubleshot it

On a second step to further investigate this issue, I might need your "ddiPower.sql" file as private message to run tests on it and fix the script if needed!

Don't know if you'll see this but I'm having a similar issue to Gurlock. This is what I managed to screencap when I double clicked the power.exe.

power.exe screenshot.png

I also can't seem to get the Powers one to work right.

Has anyone found a work around to get the powers to work? I don't relish the thought of 9000+ powers to enter manually lol

Question, why are we only copy pasting the powers, feats, and npc files instead of everything?

I can't find a compendium download that doesn't require my DDI password, however with DDI shut down for 4e that option doesn't work is there anyway to get a compendium download that already has the 4e files??

maybe try to search around on the 4eD&D reddit, and you might find something

ALERT TO EVERYONE

There is a problem in the python script to generate the powers for the sources section.
    the line that is written is "fg_entry['source'] = str(parsed_html[0].contents[1].next)" when it should be "fg_entry['source'] = str(parsed_html[0].contents[0].next)"

Without this change, the powers will not have anything filled in for the source. For example, the source for the "Levitate" power is "Wizard Utility 6"
    perhaps you could make this change in the source code @VegaFontana

Thread Information