FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Does anyone have a 4E offline compendium shared anywhere? I think that's what's holding me up not getting this done. I'm met with these errors when using the BAT file
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    No one is allowed to share the offline compendium with you. It is copyright content and sharing that is illegal. You must have your own copy of the compendium.

Ocmpendio ded 4

[QUOTE=damned;673686]No one is allowed to share the offline compendium with you. It is copyright content and sharing that is illegal. You must have your own copy of the co

HELLO, MAY I KNOW HOW TO GET ACCESS TO A COMPENDIUM? IF I NEED TO BUY IT, NO PROBLEMS, I PURCHASED FANTASY GROUND UNITY, BUT I HAVE NOTHING TO CREATE A 4th EDITION CAMPAIGN, I NEED HELP PLEASE

Unfortunately, there is no legal way to get a version of the compendium at this point in time, and the publisher has declined to provide anyone with the ability to create content for this system.

Your best bet at this point is to just enter the data that you need for your game as you need it, instead of trying to enter entire books.

Regards,
    JPG

[QUOTE=Moon Wizard;677895]Unfortunately, there is no legal way to get a version of the compendium at this point in time, and the publisher has declined to provide anyone with the ability to create content for this system.

Your best bet at this point is to just enter the data that you need for your game as you need it, instead of trying to enter entire books.

Regards,
    JPG[/Q

OK THANKS, BUT HOW ARE THESE DATA ENTERED AND WHERE DO WE GET IT FROM? FANTASY GROUND HAS NOTHING FOR THE 4TH EDITION? I JUST NEED ONE WAY TO ENTER DUNGEONS AND MONSTERS

There are places within each campaign to place images, stories, NPCs/monsters, items/treasure, PCs, and more. They are all available via the sidebar on the right-hand side of the screen when you open a campaign.

The campaign will be a blank slate that provides the windows for data to be entered, but we can not provide or sell the data, as no one has been given the rights to do so. We built the records such that they mimic the layouts used in the print books for easiest text entry.

The compendium used to be available online, and people built tools to convert the data into FG data modules when it was still available online. However, they shut down the service several years ago; so now the only way to legally get the data into the system is to type in the information from the print books.

Regards,
    JPG

Hello, I’ve been trying to find a 4e software that would help me use 4e data into Fantasy Grounds, so I’ve found out about the 4e parsers, but apparently the Offline Compendium cannot be downloaded from its website without a D&D Insider account. So my only option would have been the Portable Compendium, to use in tandem with the module generator available at the start of this thread. But I can’t find it anywhere, and if I read this thread right, the Portable Compendium isn’t downloadable anymore?

Can someone tell me I’m wrong and there is a way to get the Portable Compendium somewhere? I would very much like to not have to rewrite all of the 4e data from the Offline Compendium into Fantasy Grounds.

Thank you for your patience

Disregard, I can't read apparently
    Last edited by Ffozlum; March 26th, 2024 at 05:49. Reason: utter illiteracy.

Thread Information