FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: GM rolls as PC

GM rolls as PC

I am using the One Ring RPG ext (uses CoreRPG) and playing solo using Mythic. When I double click an attribute in the character sheet the resultant dice shows in chat as the GM not the PC. Because I am playing solo, for my records I need it to show as the PC. It works if I click the "chat as PC" icon, but if I forget, it will then show as the wrong character or GM, which messes up the stats. In 5e when you click an attribute it does show it in chat as the pc whose sheet you have rolled from. I really need to be able to have this functionality working in CoreRPG. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do this? (I hope what I have written make sense :-)

Thanks

You could launch FG again and connect in as a client and do all of the player actions from the client.

Blog Entries
    I think you'll have to write an extension to have it behave like 5E.

You could try out MoreCore and see what the default behavior is there. And then move your campaign to that ruleset.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is more of a CoreRPG thing, and as the extension being used is based on CoreRPG the option to move to MoreCore might not be viable.

@gpbuk1 - Are you using the ruleset layered on top of CoreRPG? The one here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Conversion

To do this in the current setup will probably need a change to the CoreRPG ruleset via an extension, more than likely in the TOR ruleset so that it changes the rolls specific to that ruleset.

With that being said, your best bet is do as @Granamere suggests and run a second instance of FG on your computer and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost and do the PC rolling from that instance.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Would using the /gmid command to change the default name of the GM work? If you were playing as a single character this may be a backstop in case you clicked the roll without changing instances or forget to click the 'chat as PC' button.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thread Information