DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[MacOS] [SWADE] Custom adventure deck

Hi team!!!

My customized Adventure decks are not working in FGU. I can use them perfectly in FGC.

I've created a campaign from scratch, with no modules nor extensions but "Adventure deck" and "My custom adventure deck". Previously, I've deleted my custom decks and I've just copied the "My custom adventure deck" folder from the official extension file (with no modifications at all). After that, I should see the two example card sets in campaign settings but I only can see the official Adventure deck. Classic works perfectly.

SO version: MacOS 10.15.6
    FGU: 2020-07-16 (no pending updates)
    Ruleset: SWADE 5.2.6
    Adventure deck version: Latest (I've removed the extension in order to force a new download from Update feature)
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Just to be sure, can you double-check what Channel you have selected in the Advanced tab of the FG Settings?

FGU supports multiple channels for content; so any campaigns and/or custom modules/extensions/images need to be added to each channel. This allows people to try out the software in other channels without impacting their current games. But, it requires that you move everything you need when working in other channels.

If you are using a Channel other than "Live", then you'll need to add the extension into the correct folder. (<FGU Data Folder>\channels\<Channel Name>\extensions\)

I assume this might be the issue; because even if the custom deck wasn't working correctly, it should still show in the extensions list of the launcher.

If that's not the case, then I'll need to try to recreate based on your findings.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for your reply and support...

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just to be sure, can you double-check what Channel you have selected in the Advanced tab of the FG Settings?
    Sure... I'm using Live channel only.

FGU_channel.png

(...) If that's not the case, then I'll need to try to recreate based on your findings.
    You can see the campaign selector and loaded extensions below.

FGU_campaign_selector.png

Here you can see the Adventure Deck options:

FGU_options.png

Here you can see the MyCustomAdventureDeck folder content.

MyCustom_adventuredeck_folder.png

Finally, you can see the adventuredeck.lua code.

adventuredeck_lua_code.png

I hope it helps...
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

I think I'll need to get a copy of your custom adventure deck extension, in order to recreate.

JPG

I think I'll need to get a copy of your custom adventure deck extension, in order to recreate.

JPG
    Sure!!! But first, take a look on the FG Classic screenshot using the same MyCustom_AdventureDeck folder:

FGClassic_options.png

And here you got the folder itself. Thanks for your support.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh3jhxnusx...eDeck.zip?dl=0
    Nébula Rol

It took me a while to track down. The difference is that the load order for extensions was simplified in FGU to only look at loadorder and name (and not dependency). The dependency tag created a strange load ordering step, where load order was ignored for dependencies in FGC.

Please add <loadorder>26</loadorder> to your custom adventure deck extension.xml file (Example attached); and it will work in FGU the same as FGC.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

It took me a while to track down. The difference is that the load order for extensions was simplified in FGU to only look at loadorder and name (and not dependency). The dependency tag created a strange load ordering step, where load order was ignored for dependencies in FGC.

Please add <loadorder>26</loadorder> to your custom adventure deck extension.xml file (Example attached); and it will work in FGU the same as FGC.

Regards,
    JPG
    Solved!!! Thanks for your help.

I think it would be a great idea if the official Adventure deck extension is modified by adding the "<loadorder>26</loadorder>" line in order to avoid future problems with another users.
    Nébula Rol

I just got done doing that.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information