DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Yes, I thought I would introduce my friends with 5e cause it's easy to "get into". But it's miserable to stay in. I'm sure they are tired of me railing against it every session when nothing makes any sense and defies even basic logic. So, converting to 3.5 in large part thanks to you!

Another great extension bmos!
    Could it be enhancend to trigger the Spell Failure functionality when dragging a cast onto entities on the combat tracker and/or map? At the moment the spell failure only works when you single click a cast. As all players have different methods of targeting/rolling this would greatly help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Another great extension bmos!
    Could it be enhancend to trigger the Spell Failure functionality when dragging a cast onto entities on the combat tracker and/or map? At the moment the spell failure only works when you single click a cast. As all players have different methods of targeting/rolling this would greatly help.
    Certainly, I'll try to remember to add that when I get around to updating this one.
    But what does that do? I've never tried dragging the cast button. Is it a substitute for targeting ahead of time?

Yeah, it really is just like dropping your attack onto the enemy token in combat tracker or on map. Some players are too lazy to properly set targets with e.g. ctrl left-click.

Dragging is awesome when you're locked on one target and something goes up and decides to provoke an attack of opportunity from you. No need to un-target enemy A, target enemy B, resolve attack, untarget enemy B and retarget enemy A". Just drag the attack onto the token (or portrait, if ever) and it's done

Wow, that's cool!
    I had no idea you could do that.

EDIT: I think I have fixed it.
    Last edited by bmos; March 29th, 2021 at 19:20.

You changed somehting with the anchoring of the cast button? As soon as I open a spell the following error pops up. See attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You changed somehting with the anchoring of the cast button? As soon as I open a spell the following error pops up. See attachment.
    Huh. I wonder why that was required. I have reuploaded it.

Okay, the error is gone.
    Buuut... without your extensions I can drop the cast onto tokens on the CT or map. When Spell Failure is activated the cast is rolled immediately as soon as I touch the cast button. I can't hold the button/icon/die/whatever in the air. I hope this is understandable, could record a short video if that helps.

Added short gifs (I hope they're visible)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zarestia; March 29th, 2021 at 20:13.

Okay, the error is gone.
    Buuut... without your extensions I can drop the cast onto tokens on the CT or map. When Spell Failure is activated the cast is rolled immediately as soon as I touch the cast button. I can't hold the button/icon/die/whatever in the air. I hope this is understandable, could record a short video if that helps.

Added short gifs (I hope they're visible)
    I noticed that too.
    Not sure it's an issue though, since there isn't any target data used in the spell failure roll.
    EDIT: I guess there is a downside for potential meta-gaming, actually. I'll se what I can do about it.
    Last edited by bmos; March 30th, 2021 at 01:55.

Thread Information