STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    ---EDIT - Fixed an issue I was having with Archetypes not auto spell fail checking... added FSF to them as an effect and it forces the check... the rest of this post is me trying to track what I thought was a bug, read on at your own risk ----

OK Bmos, my 60+ extensions broke your spell failure ext, it never "fires" off when cast is clicked. Works as expected when its the only ext loaded... now to start checking with batches of the other ext. wish me luck. sig has my installed ext.

Edit 1...
    Ummm now I am VERY confused.

I loaded a blank campaign. tested your extension with a lv1 wizard casting a lv 1 spell in leather armor and the ext worked perfect. after several reloads It worked perfect with ALL my 60+ extensions...

so I loaded the actual DMs campaign with all extensions and retested my Lv 7 tattooed sorcerer/Evangelist wearing magical leather... did not work with any of her spells...

created a fresh lv1 wizard... ext worked as it should...

retested sorcerer with Heavy armor (they had a light armor prof. so was checking) and it still did not work (verified the armor checkbox was on in inv. tab)

on her action tab, I do have her spell class set to prepared spell caster as I prefer how it handles tracking spell use, so I made a spontaneous spell caster spell class and put a 1st level sorc spell in there to test and that did not work either.

Now I am making lv1 tattooed sorc. wearing leaf armor and it doesn't work

going to reload test campaign, all 60+ext, try wizard then make a fresh tattooed sorcerer and try it, then a reg sorc and try it... be back later to report...

EDIT 2
    OK in my test area, with all 60+extensions loaded, I made identical lv 1 sorcerers in plate mail with 1 being a regular sorcerer and the other being a tattooed sorcerer.

regular sorcerer worked exactly as it should
    tattooed sorcerer did not auto roll a spell fail check... so I assume that is the issue, and sub category of a wizarding class may not work ( am building a wizard sub type now...

and a wizard (clocksmith) does not work either, so I assume the ext is not catching that a (archetype) of arcane classes should use spell failure...

ok, that's enough babbling, going to bed now

Edit 3...

I lied, My DM just reminded me that Bmos put in a few modifiers.... FSF applied to the tattooed sorc forced a Spell Fail check... sigh... yep... I am a dumb@$$ and Bmos outsmarted me again... all is right in the world.
    Last edited by Morenu; July 3rd, 2022 at 03:04.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information