5E Character Create Playlist

Uses for Party Sheet rolls

In the FGU's Party Sheet I see an oppertunity for the DM to roll an Ability, a Save, a Skill and an attack.

Now, as much as it negates the use of Passive Perception rolls, I can think of an obvious use for doing a group Perception check - do the group notice the that NPC just slipped something in their drinks, or example.

A group saving throw, I guess, is if the whole group are found in a trap or damaged by something that affects all.

But what about the attack die?

I would find it interesting to hear examples of how DMs have used these, as I feel they could be powerful tools if only I knew when was best to implement them

To be honest I don't know under what circumstances it could be useful either. It's set to hit against an AC of 10 (I think) and you can adjust the difficulty of that using the modifier box. However it doesn't respect whatever weapon(s) the PC might have or take account of their attack bonuses etc. I can't think of a situation where it might be useful.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The only thing I could think is if you were doing a huge battle and you wanted your party to act as a unit. A success pushes the opposing group back and the opposite on a failure.

Not sure how it would work in practise, but that's the only thing coming to mind.

The attack option is an attack against the PCs and uses their AC. So it could be useful in a couple of ways:

1. In 5e, some traps are attack rolls rather than saving throws. So if it was an trap that fired a dart at each PC, the attack option might work.
    2. If 20 goblins archers attack my party of 4, I'd consider using it 5 times so each PC was attacked by 5 arrows. Tally the number of hits, and apply the damage that many times. (Not sure it's actually faster, but possibly if you practice and get good at it.)
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

It was originally added in 3.5E to handle traps that affected the whole group. It was inherited by 5E, but may still be useful in specific cases like that.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information