DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Possible Bug: Issue with powers

After the most recent update to the ruleset, one of my players who's a magic user had an issue with his powers. Namely, they don't show up as using the "Spellcasting" skill (of which he has a d8), but rather as a generic cast die, like for 5e characters. When trying to cast, there was no roll in the chat box (as (not) seen in the attached screenshot). Could this be a bug, or did I mess something up?

Untitled.png

Try redropping powers, I have run into that and usually just need to do that to fix. Maybe toggle Arcane Background to OFF then back to their version
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

That didn't help :-/ I even tried creating a new character, a new power... still the same result.

(this is FG Classic, btw)

I think it's definitely a bug. I just remembered that I have a non-updated version of FG Unity, and imported the character I had issues with, and the powers had the spellcasting die (d8), instead of what's in the screenshot. Then I updated FGU, and I got the same result as in the screenshot.

Same problem here, I think its actually broken. We must wait untill the admins repair it.

Pretty sure that button shows up for powers that have broken "links", would try opening power and seeing what it displays. Also might check associated skill. If you can snag a bigger screenshot that might help.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I'm including a bigger screenshot here, including the powers. I'd like to note that this affects all powers, even ones I create (regardless of whether it's in the Powers section, or by right-clicking and adding a new power on the character sheet. The spellcasting skill die never shows up. If it's any help, the powers don't seem to have a skill associated with them (like Faith or Spellcasting), and there's no way to associate a skill with them when trying to edit them (I'm not sure if it's always been that way, since I never needed to check this until now).

Untitled.png

Yup, same problem here in FGU - and it's just for arcane powers. If you go into the power and alter the attack type from Arcane to, say, Melee, the 'attack die' changes to the character's Fighting skill. Switch back to Arcane, and it goes again.

Confirmed Update just finished and checked, character was fine before doing that and now is broken.

The skill used for powers is set by the drop down menu at the top where you pick Magic, Miracles?, Weird Science, etc. Which is why I had suggested changing it around. Looks like you have an extension on, if you haven't try turning it off incase it is the extension, but betting it is not the issue due to other people having same one.

You can try roll it back possibly but not what I would suggest, Patch it temporarily by setting it up as a COMBAT attack via ranged or or thrown, a skill they don't have so you can remove it easily and will allow automation during combat. I doubt it will do much good to try renaming skill as it should be giving a d4-2 if it was just a broken skill.

I know I have seen similar issue before but removing and redropping was typically the fix and doesn't seem like it will fix it this time.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information