STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesr View Post
    I am trying to follow the instructions on a 5E vid but sadly the presenter is doing things only using the 5E system and I am trying to do Traveller so the buttonology is different. For example there is no Images AND MAPs button on the right only Images. But...buried In the library there is one named Images and Maps. I open it up and follow his instructions to drag and drop my map image...no joy. I repeated his steps over again and looked at the accompanying PDF for clarity. Again, no luck and the PDF too is all 5E focused, so the instructions do not jive with Traveller and I am getting nowhere except frustrated. If this is not going to work for Traveller I have to find another platform.
    I can sympathize with someone new to Fantasy Ground Unity, because IMO Smiteworks is poor at documentation and it's much more difficult to learn than it should be because of it. Unfortunately out of the gate you're run smack into an area where the newer FGU differs significantly from the previous FG Classic edition. It's very possible the videos and PDF you viewed and read are for the older edition. Something new in FGU is the [Assets] button, but to use it to its fullest, you really need to know how to navigate your FGU Data folder on you computer. You can find the location of that by clicking [Settings] > [Advanced] from the FG launcher and noting/recording what's listed in the Data Directory text box.
    Once you know how to access that, it'll be a snap to import any of you own maps or other images.

In Windows explorer browse into your \Data\Campaign folder to get familiar with where any new FG campaigns you create are stored.
    Within each campaign folder is an \images folder and that's where you copy any JPG or PNG graphic files (i.e. maps) for your campaign.
    Within FGU, the moment any file is present in that folder,\ a 'Campaign' icon becomes available under [Assets] > [Images] for that specific campaign.
    If you double-click that 'Campaign' icon, all the graphic files you copied into the \images folder will be displayed.
    If you want to make any of your graphic files available to your campaign as images, just double-click them and then click the [Create Image Record] button.
    That image will now be listed in the Images window which is accessible by clicking the [Images] button on the right-hand pallet.

NOTE: There's a shortcut [Create from Campaign Assets] button at the top of the Images windows, which will auto-import all of the graphic files in your campaign's \images folder as images. I recommend folks that are new to the system to do it via the Assets button though, as it help to build familiarity with the User Interface.

I found the Fantasy Grounds College GM 101 and 102 youtube videos really helpful.

Big thanks to GMrex (?) for putting those out there. Haven't bought it yet, but that is just a function of the pocketbook and making sure my usual suspects have the computing power to run it. (They have some dodgy old machines.)

@DHRo1970 I'm glad you found them useful! I have been talking with MBM on creating some video "How to" shorts which take 1-2 mins to describe how to do something specific like Task Chains, SCT, PC Spacecraft Records, etc. Now that v1.2.4 is now live I think it's time to start making that a reality.

That is an excellent idea...I know that I would find them useful.

Hi. A very convenient wiki on unity with videos and detailed step-by-step instructions.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ages+as+the+GM

Thread Information