STAR TREK 2d20
Page 74 of 104 First ... 2464727374757684 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Testing - Elf (Wood) Fighter/Champion (repeatable on other combinations)

When leveling up and prompted to choose ASI or Feat, it doesn't generate the red alert making you choose which ability to increase or what feat to choose.
    I know there is still active development going on, so this might be more of "haven't gotten to that yet" vs. a bug. Just wanted to report it anyway.

I did want to say that all of the other improvements which are preventing the duplication of choices and then invalidating previous wizard choices and making you go back, such as choosing a class and getting a proficiency, but then getting the same proficiency as a background (which you can't choose), which then prompts you to choose your class proficiency again are very helpful, and certainly a huge improvement.
    I am expanding to get the Stats tab to have the warning symbols when ASI is not chosen. Will be on my list.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    I also wanted to ask about the load order of the core books and supplements and what takes priority.

Do you hardcord which books to look at? Do you do it based on load order? Do you do in ABC order?

The tooltips over the buttons help you identify what the source is. What I noticed was that if I loaded up all of the books, when I went to choose a class, the majority of them were SCAG. Druid and Bard were PHB (because SCAG didn't have them) and Artificier was TCoE. Now, that's true only if the books are loaded when you start the campaign (load them, exit, restart campaign).. If the campaign is running and I unload SCAG and TCoE and then reload them, loading SCAG first and TCoE second, all of the classes in the wizard point to the TCoE version -- in this case as if the last loaded book takes precedence.

Specifically, I'm trying to understand the search order for the CW and if that functionality is different than the search order in other places. Having some coding discussions about search order and how the functions operate.
    Depends on the record type. In most cases the order when available would be Tasha's > PHB > SRD
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by sidnitzerglobin View Post
    I'm brand new to Fantasy Grounds so someone please let me know if I'm just missing something, but I can't seem to select a subrace for my Tiefling in the character wizard although I can if I go through the "standard"(?) character sheet & select from the races in the loaded modules for the campaign (although I can't figure out how to use the alternate racial ability bonus options that the character wizard provides).
    It is down to the module that is loaded. I would check the race record for Tiefling and see if lists the subraces. If not, then the wizard would not provide a selection for them.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It is down to the module that is loaded. I would check the race record for Tiefling and see if lists the subraces. If not, then the wizard would not provide a selection for them.
    OK, the thing that had me thinking this was a bug (or possibly a not yet implemented bit) for the wizard was that the behavior was different from the "standard" character sheet process w/ (I believe) all the same modules loaded/activated.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if I just haven't found a checkbox or am misunderstanding the module activation procedure at this point though since I just started playing w/ FGU last night.

Definitely not the end of the world since the subrace I want is 100% flavor w/ no mechanics involved that I'm aware of.
    Last edited by sidnitzerglobin; January 7th, 2022 at 17:07.

When I select the Druid class I get this
    [1/8/2022 4:43:37 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/manager_charwizard.lua"]:2280: attempt to index local 'sSpecialization' (a nil value)
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    When I select the Druid class I get this
    [1/8/2022 4:43:37 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/manager_charwizard.lua"]:2280: attempt to index local 'sSpecialization' (a nil value)
    The hotfix update I did yesterday should have addressed this issue. Can you please check that you are fully up to date and don't have an unpacked 5e ruleset?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Updated. I tried to remove 5E and 5E-data and update again. Same issue
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    Updated. I tried to remove 5E and 5E-data and update again. Same issue
    Did you test with all extensions disabled?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, sure
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Hello I am currently experiencing a few issues with the character creation wizard, I do have a number of modules and addons installed from creators such as GrimmPress, Theogeek's Improved Critical, NPC Maker 5E, Combat Groups Silent Ruin and Friend Zone by MeAndUnique.

When creating new characters there aren't any spell slots being added, of if they do get added they don't exceed the 2 initial slots. This is the case if I either create it through the character wizard or if I drag the class over, which was used as the work round before hand on the initial bug. Any help would be grately appreciated thank you. (I am up to date with the latestest update.) Also ASI options no longer show up if selected only feats, and characters cannot select higher level spells (e.g paladin level 5 cannot select level 2 spells)

Thread Information