5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 71 of 104 First ... 2161697071727381 ... Last

Cannot create half-elf-variant using Character Wizard

Summary:
    Error message is thrown when trying to create a half-elf variant in Character Wizard.

Ruleset(s):
    5e

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign:
    Fresh campaign

Extensions/Themes:
    D&D 5e Default theme with official language fonts

Modules Loaded:
    DMG, MM, PHB, *SWAG
    * This is where the rules I am using are from.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Open Character Wizard
    2. Use anything for Stats
    3. Select 'Half-Elf-Variant' race (This is what triggers the error) Then select anything for the remaining attributes.
    4. Finish the bare minimum to 'save' a character. Select any class, any background.
    5. Click Save when done.
    6. Receive the following error:
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_stats) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_races) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_class) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_back) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_feats) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_import) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:18:36 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1556: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

The character will then save however it will not have a class and various things will be missing on the 'Abilities' tab. You can work around this by creating the character manually.
    --
    Save points are for quitters.

Quote Originally Posted by elfmage View Post
    Summary:
    Error message is thrown when trying to create a half-elf variant in Character Wizard.

Ruleset(s):
    5e

Fresh campaign

Extensions/Themes:

Modules Loaded:
    DMG, MM, PHB, *SWAG
    * This is where the rules I am using are from.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Open Character Wizard
    3. Select 'Half-Elf-Variant' race (This is what triggers the error) Then select anything for the remaining attributes.
    4. Finish the bare minimum to 'save' a character. Select any class, any background.
    5. Click Save when done.
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_stats) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_races) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_class) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_back) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_feats) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:17:44 AM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_import) does not exist
    [12/24/2021 10:18:36 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1556: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

The character will then save however it will not have a class and various things will be missing on the 'Abilities' tab. You can work around this by creating the character manually.
    Thanks for the report. I tested the latest build going to be pushed for update and it didn't produce this particular error. Be on the look out for that update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Great to hear thanks will do!
    --
    Save points are for quitters.

During character creation the Class specialization disappears after the next level. All the abilities in the abilities section of the character sheet are still present. Will the character still continue to progress in their specialization or is this a bug being worked on?

Is this when you click the Level Up button after the character is created; or during the initial Character Wizard creation?
    If during Level Up, only new changes will be tracked in the display.
    If during initial creation, can you provide the exact steps that you are following (race, class, background, etc.)?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Is this when you click the Level Up button after the character is created; or during the initial Character Wizard creation?
    If during Level Up, only new changes will be tracked in the display.
    If during initial creation, can you provide the exact steps that you are following (race, class, background, etc.)?

Thanks,
    JPG
    It's on the level up after the character is created. But if that's intended that's ok. Just a little confused because I wasn't seeing the specialization class in the class/level section of the character sheet. But did see the abilities in the abilities section. Was worried that my players weren't going to get the class specialization abilities while leveling.

On level up, it will display the specialization that was chosen by the character. I will double check the latest build that is ready for update and check to make sure.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Cannot Create High Elf Wizard with Character Wizard

Summary:
    LUA Error message is thrown when trying to create a High Elf wizard in Character Wizard.

Ruleset(s):
    5e

Fresh campaign

Extensions/Themes:

Modules Loaded:
    DMG, MM, PHB

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Character Wizard

3. Select 'Elf' race, Choose 'High Elf' for sub-race then select anything for for Racial Modifiers, Select anything for Languages, Choosing anything for the innate spell will cause the error described in step 6 below.

4. Finish the bare minimum to 'save' a character. Select Wizard class, any background.

5. Click Save when done.

[12/26/2021 7:30:57 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1556: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

The character will then save however it will not have a class and various things will be missing on the 'Abilities' tab.

Work-Around:

After some testing, I think this is related to the innate spell that is granted to High Elves during the creation process, if I don't choose a spell option for the innate spell, and continue on with the rest of the tabs in the the Character Wizard, the Character Wizard will give me a warning when I press the 'Save' button and ask if I'd like to save the character anyway.

If I choose to save the character, it will be created with a class and all other options from the character wizard, minus the Innate Spell.

A work around is to add the Innate spell after the character has been created.

2 Bugs in New Character Wizard

After loading Fantasy Grounds Unity, I select “Load Campaign,” choose “Bill’s Setup game,” and click on “Start”. When I run the new character wizard I'm encountering the following bugs:

BUG NUMBER 1:
    1. On the “Race” page I select “Vedalken”
    2. Under “Racial Modifiers” I select “Option 1” (see “Screen Shot 2.png”).
    3. Under “Choice Racial Mod +2” I choose intelligence to increase my Intelligence total from 15 to 17 (see “Screen Shot 3.png”).
    4. Under “Choice Racial Mod +1” I choose Wisdom to increase my Wisdom from a total of 14 to 15.
    a. Unfortunately, this incorrectly removes the +2 bonus I had to intelligence back to 15 from 17 (see “Screen Shot 4.png”).
    b. Re-clicking on intelligence under “Choice Racial Mod +2” increases my intelligence back to 17 from 15, but also removes the +1 bonus I had on my Wisdom and so on, making it impossible to get both the +2 bonus to Intelligence and +1 bonus to Wisdom at the same time (see “Screen Shot 5.png”).

BUG NUMBER 2:
    I’m also encountering a bug on the “Background” page.
    1. I choose “Cloistered Scholar” for my background.
    2. It then shows a box titled “Select Skill Proficiency” but there are no options to choose presented there.
    3. I finish selecting my languages, but the “BKGD” icon on the top of the window continues to display a circled red exclamation point and a circled red X as, I’m guessing that I haven’t been able to choose a skill proficiency (see “Screen Shot 6.png”).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tested with build ready for update and don't see these issues. The cloistered scholar issue was reported and appears fixed. Attempted to use the Option 1 and it displays the correct score for each choice. Will be available with the next update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information