5E Character Create Playlist
Page 66 of 104 First ... 1656646566676876 ... Last
    I will jump in here, too, stating having difficulties 5e D&D. I tried on about three characters owned by my players and two that I made on my own. I can level-up if I hit the save button in the error window, but you can see the errors are wrong. Oh, and I turned off all extensions.

levelup.jpg

We just pushed a hot fix that should address the level up error. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

If you are still having an issue, please post an export of that character (XML file) by clicking edit button (brown slash) on Character Selection screen and choosing export button for that character.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm having a different issue when levelling up. It is resetting my characters stats to standard array when levelling up. Also the expertise feature for rogue has no options at level 6

Before Level Up
    LevlupBefore.png

After Level Up
    LevlupAfter.png

New Leveling Issue following the update released / applied earlier today (12/16/2021). The "Level Up" function, following the new release, now produces an error preventing the "level up function from successfully completing / resaving the characters". The following error message is generated...[Error] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:849: attempt to index field 'class' (a nil value)...see attachment below for screenshot.

As additional supporting information, I have a set of characters created with the character wizard, controlled and run as characters by the DM. These characters were granted additional experience several times in the last couple of days and leveled up during that time multiple times. Today, following the new release being applied, when I attempt to "level up" these characters, the error message cited above is generated and displayed in the LOG and the Save Character option does not proceed. I further attempted to create a new character today, after encountering the error, and I found that I could not "level up" a brand new 1st level character freshly created. I have been using a "standard progression" through the character wizard without any "unique" characteristics (that I'm aware of anyway).

Fantasy Grounds Client Screenshot 2021-12-16 - error message leveling up following today's updat.jpg
    Fantasy Grounds Client Screenshot 2021-12-16 - error message leveling up following today's updat.jpg

As Moon Wizard requested, can you please post your character that is having issues? We will need it to assist in troubleshooting.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

When my players attempt to create characters they get errors and are unable to create them. They would go through the normal process of the character wizard but would be un able to complete them.

Error.png

Also when they try to level up it, it resets their stats to standard array instead of what they are using.

@Craftingdog,
    Thanks; I was able to recreate and have @superteddy57 looking at it.

@0m0n, @omgamer00,
    As @superteddy57 mentioned, can you post your character exports for those characters?
    (Either player or GM can right click on character sheet and select the Export radial menu option.)

Regards,
    JPG

Character Export attached for issue with standard array and rogue expertise
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 0m0n View Post
    Character Export attached for issue with standard array and rogue expertise
    Did you select an expertise for the level one expertise? The reason I ask is I'm not seeing a skill with double proficiency on the character sheet.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Did you select an expertise for the level one expertise? The reason I ask is I'm not seeing a skill with double proficiency on the character sheet.
    I thought I had. I've done another character from scratch and made sure I selected an expertise at level one and still get the same issue with no expertise selectable when levelling up to 6
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information