STAR TREK 2d20
Page 29 of 104 First ... 1927282930313979 ... Last
    When creating a Character with the Character Wizard with DnD 5e Characters, when a background is selected, it is not adding skills to the character. It adds the background but not the skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ogreofnorth View Post
    When creating a Character with the Character Wizard with DnD 5e Characters, when a background is selected, it is not adding skills to the character. It adds the background but not the skills.
    I'm not seeing this. Can you give more information like which background you are seeing this problem in and what skills aren't being added?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Not doing it on my other campaign...but now its working fine on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not seeing this. Can you give more information like which background you are seeing this problem in and what skills aren't being added?
    That is really weird. I just got the error just now and have been for the last week on Campaign A. I opened Campaign B, one that is even older, and when I did it, it worked fine. Went back to to Campaign A, and now its working properly. Weird. Thanks though for the quick response!

Leveling up Characters in game have no class specializations to pick from.

Characters do not get class specialization options when leveling up. It works if you are creating a character from scratch and make it 2nd-20th level, all options appear where you expect them to be. If however you have made the characters and use them in game and then level up, when you level up the drop down menus for specializations do not appear at teh appropraite level. There is a prompt to make a selection but the menu does not appear to make that selection prompted.

Additional, OK, it does not seem to be all characters, in the campaign i am running the classes of Warlock and Cleric do not seem to get their subclass options or abilities when they level up.

Any direction to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Many thanks for you time on this matter.
    Last edited by SimonMERP; February 10th, 2021 at 14:38. Reason: additional information.

That is really weird. I just got the error just now and have been for the last week on Campaign A. I opened Campaign B, one that is even older, and when I did it, it worked fine. Went back to to Campaign A, and now its working properly. Weird. Thanks though for the quick response!
    So I replicated it. With elves, half elves, kenku it works but not with any of the other races on mineScreenshot 2021-02-10 100507.png Screenshot 2021-02-10 100604.pngScreenshot 2021-02-10 100732.png

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMERP View Post
    Characters do not get class specialization options when leveling up. It works if you are creating a character from scratch and make it 2nd-20th level, all options appear where you expect them to be. If however you have made the characters and use them in game and then level up, when you level up the drop down menus for specializations do not appear at teh appropraite level. There is a prompt to make a selection but the menu does not appear to make that selection prompted.

Additional, OK, it does not seem to be all characters, in the campaign i am running the classes of Warlock and Cleric do not seem to get their subclass options or abilities when they level up.

Any direction to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Many thanks for you time on this matter.
    Not sure what you mean. My testing shows that Clerics and Warlocks do get the archetype choices. You may have to walk through what you are doing and when so that the issue can be pinpointed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So I replicated it. With elves, half elves, kenku it works but not with any of the other races on mine
    Only tested on Gnome but I can replicate the issue.

Hey guys, I am in the middle of finishing up a UI and Inventory update that will be published soon, but as soon as that's done I will take a closer look as to what cases are preventing the background skills from appearing. Any further examples of this happening would be welcome. Thanks!
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; February 12th, 2021 at 19:41.

A player in my campaign didn't have any of the supporting material loaded when he went from 4th level to 5th level. He should have two spell slots for 5th level Bard but they are not showing in his Action tab. Is that due to him not having anything (not even the players book for some reason) loaded? Any way to remedy this for future games when he tracks if he used a 3rd level spell slot?

Quote Originally Posted by quirkygamer View Post
    A player in my campaign didn't have any of the supporting material loaded when he went from 4th level to 5th level. He should have two spell slots for 5th level Bard but they are not showing in his Action tab. Is that due to him not having anything (not even the players book for some reason) loaded? Any way to remedy this for future games when he tracks if he used a 3rd level spell slot?
    You can edit the spell slots in preparation mode.

Thread Information