STAR TREK 2d20
Page 101 of 104 First ... 519199100101102103 ... Last
    I’ll post a picture when I’m home from work later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Locotomo View Post
    Yesterday we where playing 5e with FGU and the player who’s character is a cleric, couldn’t find the durations in the the spell descriptions.
    And I couldn’t either.
    Click the spell link to bring up the spell to see the duration.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, here it is, really strange.
    On the right is the original character with the spells without the duration.
    On the left I created a new one with the Character Wizard. This time I also chose the spells from the Character Wizard.
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-02 um 15.10.22.png

What modules do you have open? The Character Wizard draws stuff probably from the PHB primarily but if you have multiple modules open then it's possible that another module was used. I've checked the Basic rules and the SRD and they all have the duration. Another possibility is that an extension you are using might be interfering.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No extensions except for Theme and FR Languages.
    Modules : Players : Forstmaiden, Tomb of Annihilation
    Campaign: Sword Coast Adve. Guide
    Core : D&D Master, MOnster Manual. Players Handbook,Sword Coast Adv. Guide.
    Supplement: Descent into Avernus - Players, Curse of Strahd - Players, DMG Players, Fizban, Fizban Players, Ravnica, Ravnica Players, Monsters of the Multiverse, Monsters of the Multiverse Players, Strixhaven, Tasha, Tasha Players, Witchlight Players, Van Richtens Guide, Van Richtens Players, Xanathars Guide and Xanathars Guide Players.

I'm unable to reproduce. One thing that I notice is that the image on the right shows 'Spells' rather than 'Spells (Cleric)' in the power group header but I really don't think that can be an issue. Whether I create the character via drag and drop or via the Wizard the spells in the actions tab link to the spells and each spell shows the duration of the spell- so I'm out of any ideas. The only other question maybe is how was the character on the right created?

Yes, I have to admit that I am also flabbergasted
    I imported the character from D&D Beyond, then I recreated the character with the character wizard to see if FGU does a good job
    But I didn’t choose spells with the character wizard, instead i dragged them on to the sheet from the spells tab.
    Thats basically all I did
    The only thing that is strange, when I dragged the spells from the left sheet to the right, the “Cleric” entry disappeared, from Spells(Cleric) to Spells.

I will keep an eye out for this during the scheduled overhaul. I will be beginning this overhaul after my current super secret project.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotomo View Post
    Yes, I have to admit that I am also flabbergasted
    I imported the character from D&D Beyond, then I recreated the character with the character wizard to see if FGU does a good job
    But I didn’t choose spells with the character wizard, instead i dragged them on to the sheet from the spells tab.
    Thats basically all I did
    The only thing that is strange, when I dragged the spells from the left sheet to the right, the “Cleric” entry disappeared, from Spells(Cleric) to Spells.
    Wait, so is this happening to characters imported from DDB or from characters created solely in FG?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The change of the “cleric” entry happened to the characters made with FGU.
    I already deleted the DDB character.
    Last edited by Locotomo; August 3rd, 2022 at 05:05.

Thread Information