STAR TREK 2d20
Page 63 of 104 First ... 1353616263646573 ... Last
    Quote is from Post #270 on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Hi, lartra
    This problem is related to the issue above that DJShamrock reported, the training tag does not allow a choice beyond martial weapons in the official data, so the code does not trap for, or create a choice dialogue. I will be fixing the error from firing, but making a choice system (that supports all the possible training choices from weapons to skills to tools, etc.) there might be a bit further in the development cycle. Thank you for reporting this, however.
    Hello,

I am wondering if this issue has been fixed that was reported with regards to the Character Wizard and custom races/subraces that have traits with the word "Training" in them. I have a Dwarf subrace that I created that has two traits with the word training.
    Dwarven Armor Training - Proficiency in Light and Medium Armor
    Dwarven Combat Training - Proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, warhammer, and firearms.

When I try to select this subrace in the character wizard I get a similar error to what was reported previously:
    [11/3/2021 2:08:59 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:545: attempt to index local 'sTrainingText' (a nil value)

I am using FGU latest version.

Thank you!

The character Wizard is currently undergoing some revision. It never really catered for homebrewed stuff, only official content. I'd wait for a wee while until the revised Wizard goes live to see if there's still an issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zac is correct, it is currently under revision and thank you for the report. I will put this on my radar to see if it will throw an error.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

For some strange reason Tiefling subrace (MToF) are not recognized with character wizard. However if you drop the race everything works fine.
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    For some strange reason Tiefling subrace (MToF) are not recognized with character wizard. However if you drop the race everything works fine.
    I suspect that this is because the Wizard is looking at the PHB rather than Mordenkainen for the Tiefling race. The Tiefling in the PHB has no subraces. If you close the PHB before opening the Wizard the tiefling subraces correctly appear. That's still something that needs correcting in the Wizard though. It is being revised at the moment so it's possible that this has already been picked up and will be correct in the next version of the Wizard.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hello! I hope this is the right thread to post this.
    I'm building a bunch of custom races for my homebrew, and have found I can't get the "Ability Score Increase" under race and subrace to stack.
    For instance: I have a race that gets a +1 to con. The wording of the trait is "Your Constitution score increases by 1." I then have a subrace for that race that gets another +1 to con, and the wording is identical. I double checked trait names and body text for typos.
    Everything from the race's ASI shows up correctly in the Character Wizard, but upon selecting the subrace with a +1 con, it ignores it.
    Can the same ability not receive two increases - one from race, one from subrace?

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MorgaGnomic View Post
    Hello! I hope this is the right thread to post this.
    I'm building a bunch of custom races for my homebrew, and have found I can't get the "Ability Score Increase" under race and subrace to stack.
    For instance: I have a race that gets a +1 to con. The wording of the trait is "Your Constitution score increases by 1." I then have a subrace for that race that gets another +1 to con, and the wording is identical. I double checked trait names and body text for typos.
    Everything from the race's ASI shows up correctly in the Character Wizard, but upon selecting the subrace with a +1 con, it ignores it.
    Can the same ability not receive two increases - one from race, one from subrace?

Thank you!
    Homebrew does generally not (currently) work with the character wizard. Test and build it to work with drag and drop and monitor this thread for when homebrew starts to become supported.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As LE says the Wizard doesn't like homebrew stuff much. But the next version will have a lot more support. You should be able to add a bonus to the same stat twice as you want; but test by drag and drop to see if it works as LE also says.

Hello,

When trying to create a side option from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything we have been encountering some issues. In order to be able to create the class you need to allow access for the DM version of TCoE. That should then allow you to see the options for Warrior, Expert and Spellcaster. (Warrior and Expert seem to be working as intended)

It is not allowing options to grant spells to the caster or select the caster type (Mage, Healer, Prodigy) nor is it allowing the selection of spells. An error message then appears when you attempt to save the created character.

[11/20/2021 6:32:58 PM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_races) does not exist
    [11/20/2021 6:32:58 PM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_stats) does not exist
    [11/20/2021 6:32:58 PM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_class) does not exist
    [11/20/2021 6:32:58 PM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_back) does not exist
    [11/20/2021 6:32:58 PM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_feats) does not exist
    [11/20/2021 6:32:58 PM] [WARNING] bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_import) does not exist
    [11/20/2021 6:33:26 PM] Campaign saved. (0.9s)
    [11/20/2021 6:33:56 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1782: bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got nil)
    [11/20/2021 6:34:03 PM] [WARNING] desktop: Anchored static width ignored for panel (desktophead)

Thanks in advance for your assistance. One of my players managed to create one but it got deleted in the attempt to fix the problem :')
    Attached Files Attached Files

The sidekicks are not intended to be created by players and the Wizard will not recognise them. The DM should create the sidekicks and then share them with the players. The DM version of Tasha should not be shared with players.

Thread Information