DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 60 of 104 First ... 1050585960616270 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kmalsom View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at the coding and I think it should work, but it's bugged. Parsing text is challenging. And I'm ok with that not working.

The specializations should work though, as it should be the same for official content. It's just not adding the specialization to the character sheet. If you level in the builder during creation it works and pulls everything in.
    I'm not sure it does. I don't think the Wizard is really equipped to handle homebrewed stuff at all. It looks for the wording found in official content and so if you stray from that then I don't think the Wizard will pick it up. So for specializations if you call the specialization choice ability for a fighter type character 'Martial Archetypes' then I think the Wizard will pick that up. But if you call it something else - it won't. Furthermore even if you do call the spec choice Martial Archetype and it isn't a fighter then I think it will ignore the Martial Archetype because it isn't a fighter. I don't know exactly how the Wizard picks up on stuff but I've seen so many people trying to get homebrewed stuff to work and in most cases it fails and the answer that's always given is that the Wizard just doesn't cope with home brewed stuff at the moment.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Weasel View Post
    Points Unspent warning does not reappear when navigating away and back.
    This appears to still be an issue.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post608446

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not sure it does. I don't think the Wizard is really equipped to handle homebrewed stuff at all. It looks for the wording found in official content and so if you stray from that then I don't think the Wizard will pick it up. So for specializations if you call the specialization choice ability for a fighter type character 'Martial Archetypes' then I think the Wizard will pick that up. But if you call it something else - it won't. Furthermore even if you do call the spec choice Martial Archetype and it isn't a fighter then I think it will ignore the Martial Archetype because it isn't a fighter. I don't know exactly how the Wizard picks up on stuff but I've seen so many people trying to get homebrewed stuff to work and in most cases it fails and the answer that's always given is that the Wizard just doesn't cope with home brewed stuff at the moment.
    Fair enough. It is only missing recording the specialty on the character sheet for that to work. It works manually so it's ok, just would be nice to have the wizard.

Thanks for your help.

South Georgia, but my mind lives in California, and my heart in Florida (Chaotic, I know!)
    I dropped in a bug report for Wild Beyond the Witchlight about being unable to make characters with the new races and received an email from Joseph Belcher referring me here. Perhaps this is the best place to mention it then?

Both Wild Beyond Witchlight Races don't work for me in the character creation wizard.

Harengon: I can't define attribute bonuses beyond the first one and there are no languages to choose, I can't finish selecting enough choices beyond that to complete the race tab

Fairy: choosing the race at all throws a compile error and goes no further
    [9/25/2021 5:04:38 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewindow.lu..."]:927: attempt to concatenate local 'sFlySpeed' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by jsaye View Post
    I dropped in a bug report for Wild Beyond the Witchlight about being unable to make characters with the new races and received an email from Joseph Belcher referring me here. Perhaps this is the best place to mention it then?

Both Wild Beyond Witchlight Races don't work for me in the character creation wizard.

Harengon: I can't define attribute bonuses beyond the first one and there are no languages to choose, I can't finish selecting enough choices beyond that to complete the race tab

Fairy: choosing the race at all throws a compile error and goes no further
    [9/25/2021 5:04:38 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewindow.lu..."]:927: attempt to concatenate local 'sFlySpeed' (a nil value)
    See post #585 above. The fixes should be in Tuesday's release - apart from the fly bug which I can't do anything about.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Not sure if this a reportable bug or not but I will explain. When creating a cleric, the PHB states that a cleric can pick a warhammer (if proficient) as a weapon from the starting equipment. I have looked and the only way for a cleric to become proficient with a warhammer (martial weapon) is if they select the Tempest or War Domain. However, if I create a 1st level Cleric and choose, for instance, a Life Domain and also select Warhammer as the weapon of choice, the Character Wizard gives me the proficiency.

Does the Character Wizard not have the ability to not provide that proficiency unless on of those 2 Domains is selected since the PHB states that the cleric is proficient with Simple Weapons? Is this a bug for the Character Wizard?

FG always assumes by default that you are proficient with any weapon that you choose to equip. It has never checked proficiency for weapons or armour - so it's up to the player to adjust that in their character sheet if they pick something that they're not proficient with. The Character Wizard won't make any sort of check on that either so it isn't a bug but something that you'd need to be aware of when creating your character.

South Georgia, but my mind lives in California, and my heart in Florida (Chaotic, I know!)

Thanks Much

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    See post #585 above. The fixes should be in Tuesday's release - apart from the fly bug which I can't do anything about.
    Much appreciated.

ok, that makes sense....thanks for clarifying....just wanted to make sure!

So I have been for the last year been finding alot of races in the Character wizard, the backgrounds don't actually add any skill proficiencies. Like I choose Gnome then rock gnome, and then any background and it doesn't add any. But if I do the same for elves, it does fine. But If I choose Dragonborn or firbolg etc. They dont add anything. I know the work around (to create the character then just click proficiency on the skill tab) but it kind of defeats the point if I have to look it up later to make sure I got the right skills. So I dont know what is in coding that prevents this from happening, but it doesn't provide an error, it just doesnt add anything.

Thread Information