FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 48 of 104 First ... 3846474849505898 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LaoclesJarkin View Post
    Hello, I have noticed an issue with the Wizard, i don't know if it is for all spells or just classes that need to "Prepare"

When I create a Wizard without the "charterer Wizard" so manual entry, there is no issue, the spells don't show up in the Mode: Combat, Display Actions" unless I prepare them (a little circle next to the spell in the Preparation mode.

However if I do use the "Character Wizard" it doesn't show up at all like that, On the Character Wizard when i click Preparation and display Action, it has a 0 the Daily, i know that probably means number and then per day, rest or once.

but Wizards should need to prepare the spells at the end of a long rest, that is my understanding, the wizard in my campaign knows 12 spells but can only prepare 8 of them. right now, they have access to all their spells in the combat mode.

Thank you,
    Thanks for the report LaoclesJarkin, I am working on an update that should fix the powers (spells) groups not configuring for the proper class (such as prepared casters vs spontaneous casters, etc) and it will be available soon.

Hello. Mr. Zacchaeus suggested me on the Discord's channel to write you about this possible bug. I've tried to create a Bard on FGU and it seems that the spells lists is wrong: at level 9, the software gives me the possibility to add 4-3-3-2 spells instead of 4-3-3-3-1 ones; at level 10, 4-3-3-3-1 instead of 4-3-3-3-2 and so on. At the same time, if I create a homebrew spellcasting class (like the ones for Journey to Ragnarok) the software does not recognize the spells list if I don’t name it bard, wizard, warlock etc. Thank you in advance.
    Bard_Spell List_LV13.jpg
    Skald_Spell List_LV13.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinor View Post
    Hello. Mr. Zacchaeus suggested me on the Discord's channel to write you about this possible bug. I've tried to create a Bard on FGU and it seems that the spells lists is wrong: at level 9, the software gives me the possibility to add 4-3-3-2 spells instead of 4-3-3-3-1 ones; at level 10, 4-3-3-3-1 instead of 4-3-3-3-2 and so on. At the same time, if I create a homebrew spellcasting class (like the ones for Journey to Ragnarok) the software does not recognize the spells list if I don’t name it bard, wizard, warlock etc. Thank you in advance.
    Bard_Spell List_LV13.jpg
    Skald_Spell List_LV13.jpg
    Thanks, I've fixed this and it should be in the next update.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; May 11th, 2021 at 15:41.

I've been directed here by Zacchaeus to check on whether the Character Wizard Ability Score Increase Mechanic for levels 4, 8, 12, etc. is working properly for Home Brew Classes or if this is a feature that is broken or pending. Here is my original post.

I am a new user to Fantasy Grounds and am adding a custom class (home brew) and am having issues with the Ability Score Improvement at 4, 8, 12, 16, and 19 in the Character Wizard when leveling up. I've added the feature to the class at each level indicated and it pops up to request the input on the feat tab for each level but it is not actually modifying the ability scores.

Feature Name: Ability Score Improvement
    Description: When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to link something somewhere? I copied the name and description from the Wizard class so I know the feature works. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnella View Post
    I've been directed here by Zacchaeus to check on whether the Character Wizard Ability Score Increase Mechanic for levels 4, 8, 12, etc. is working properly for Home Brew Classes or if this is a feature that is broken or pending. Here is my original post.

I am a new user to Fantasy Grounds and am adding a custom class (home brew) and am having issues with the Ability Score Improvement at 4, 8, 12, 16, and 19 in the Character Wizard when leveling up. I've added the feature to the class at each level indicated and it pops up to request the input on the feat tab for each level but it is not actually modifying the ability scores.

Feature Name: Ability Score Improvement
    Description: When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to link something somewhere? I copied the name and description from the Wizard class so I know the feature works. Thank you.
    It is not understanding this line, "you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1." The feats expect the line to read as pre-Tasha's without the ability to increase any score, such as this, "Increase your Dexterity score by 2" or "Increase your Dexterity, Constitution, or Wisdom score by 1". Basically you have to name the Ability Score and then provide a value in that syntax. I will be adding wildcard stat increases to the entire Character Wizard soon, however.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    It is not understanding this line, "you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1." The feats expect the line to read as pre-Tasha's without the ability to increase any score, such as this, "Increase your Dexterity score by 2" or "Increase your Dexterity, Constitution, or Wisdom score by 1". Basically you have to name the Ability Score and then provide a value in that syntax. I will be adding wildcard stat increases to the entire Character Wizard soon, however.
    Thank you. this is the same text that comes off of any of the base (PHB) classes and works there. Is that why it works with the Wizard, Sorcerer, Rogue, etc. but not home brew classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnella View Post
    Thank you. this is the same text that comes off of any of the base (PHB) classes and works there. Is that why it works with the Wizard, Sorcerer, Rogue, etc. but not home brew classes?
    Basically, yes. If you can find it in the official rules, it should work with the Character Wizard. Again, with the previously noted post-Tasha any Attribute by 2, Any Attribute by 1 syntax exception.

Barbarian Class Specialization Won't Save 5E

I am testing modules out for my 5E game and for some reason my Barbarian class won't save its specialization. When I level a barbarian to 3 and select a specialization it accepts it but when I save it the specialization disappears and the Features don't show up in the character sheet.

Are you using the Character Wizard or the drag and drop of the class onto the character sheet?
    Can you walk us through the exact steps you are following?
    Does it happen every time you level a Barbarian to level 3?

Thanks,
    JPG

I can replicate this - using the Character Wizard. And it happens all the time. It's fine if I use drag and drop.

I've merged these posts in the Wizard bugs thread.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information