STAR TREK 2d20
Page 43 of 104 First ... 3341424344455393 ... Last
    Hey peep. Another minor issue. I was creating a 5E 1st level Wizard High Elf. I had all the WotC player books loaded except Eberon or MTG related. Tasha's was definitely loaded. The Cantrip Mind Sliver was not listed as an option under either Elf cantrip or Wizard cantrip. Lightning Lure, another cantrip from Tasha's was listed for both. I also started a sorcerer and a warlock and Mind Sliver was not listed there, either. I tried enabling the Tasha's additional spells option button and it didn't change. If I save the character, I can drag and drop the cantrip into the character sheet.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post
    Hey peep. Another minor issue. I was creating a 5E 1st level Wizard High Elf. I had all the WotC player books loaded except Eberon or MTG related. Tasha's was definitely loaded. The Cantrip Mind Sliver was not listed as an option under either Elf cantrip or Wizard cantrip. Lightning Lure, another cantrip from Tasha's was listed for both. I also started a sorcerer and a warlock and Mind Sliver was not listed there, either. I tried enabling the Tasha's additional spells option button and it didn't change. If I save the character, I can drag and drop the cantrip into the character sheet.
    Good catch, I'll check out why that spell isn't getting loaded. Thanks!

I just relaunched and had no updates waiting. I forced an update just in case. Running on Mac, Public version. Started a new character and replicated it unless I am doing something very wrong. I presume since Lightning Lure, also a Tasha only cantrip, is listed, Mind Sliver should be as well. Not a big deal.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post
    I just relaunched and had no updates waiting. I forced an update just in case. Running on Mac, Public version. Started a new character and replicated it unless I am doing something very wrong. I presume since Lightning Lure, also a Tasha only cantrip, is listed, Mind Sliver should be as well. Not a big deal.
    Yep, you were right, I tested it before my previous post. Thanks again.

Duplicated sections on Feats page for higher levels

I'm not sure if creating higher level characters with the wizard is supported yet, so apologies if this is not supported or a known issue.

When using the wizard to create a character at a higher level that includes an Ability Score Increase, navigating to the Feats tab multiple times results in the Feats/ASI sections being duplicated: Capture.JPG

5e v2021-04-13
    No extensions
    New campaign
    Only PHB loaded

To recreate:
    1. Create new campaign
    2. Load PHB
    3. Launch Character Wizard
    4. Dragonborn, Black. Clicked Next.
    5. Standard Array. Clicked Next.
    6. Bard, Level 8, selected proficiencies and college. Clicked Next.
    7. Acolyte Background. Click Next.
    8. Select Inventory. Click Next (loops back to Race)
    9. Manually advance to Feats. There are two sections for Level 4 Feat and Level 8 Feat.
    10. Manually return to Stats
    11. Manually advance to Feats. Section for Level 4 Feat and Level 8 Feat is duplicated. Repeat steps 10-11 to create more Feats sections.
    12. If the Class is changed (e.g. Cleric, Level 8), then the Bard Feat sections all remain in addition to new Cleric Feat sections, even though Bard has been removed.

Each section allows selecting ability score increases and they're all added on the Stats page.

Some other observations
    • The Ability Score Increase for level up on the Feats page is odd. I would have expected ASI on either the Class or Stats page, though it may be hard to find a place for it. One option might be a section on the Class tab titled "Select Ability Score Increase" with options for each ability and a button to instead take a feat, which then activates the section on the Feats tab.
    • The Ability Score Increase sections on the Feats page defaults to feats and is titled as a feat (e.g. Bard Level 4 Feat). If ASI selection remains here, then the default should probably be ASI, since Feats are an optional rule.
    • When selecting ASI, it isn't immediately obvious that you can select one ability for a +2 bonus or two abilities for a +1 bonus each. Maybe something like having the selected ability show +1 or +2 depending how many are selected, or some other visual indication.
    • Clicking Next doesn't always advance forward and instead loops back to the start. In the above steps Next proceeded to inventory but after that returned to Race (even for a spellcaster). I would expect Next to always advance to the next step of the wizard and to never loop back (and the button disable at the end of the wizard).
    • For the "Select Specialization" step on the Class tab - is the "Specialization" terminology from 5e rules or is it a term used just in FG? I ask because in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything it is referred to as "Subclass" (Ch1: Changing Your Subclass)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    I'm not sure if creating higher level characters with the wizard is supported yet, so apologies if this is not supported or a known issue.

When using the wizard to create a character at a higher level that includes an Ability Score Increase, navigating to the Feats tab multiple times results in the Feats/ASI sections being duplicated: Capture.JPG

5e v2021-04-13
    No extensions
    New campaign
    Only PHB loaded

To recreate:
    1. Create new campaign
    2. Load PHB
    3. Launch Character Wizard
    4. Dragonborn, Black. Clicked Next.
    5. Standard Array. Clicked Next.
    6. Bard, Level 8, selected proficiencies and college. Clicked Next.
    7. Acolyte Background. Click Next.
    8. Select Inventory. Click Next (loops back to Race)
    9. Manually advance to Feats. There are two sections for Level 4 Feat and Level 8 Feat.
    10. Manually return to Stats
    11. Manually advance to Feats. Section for Level 4 Feat and Level 8 Feat is duplicated. Repeat steps 10-11 to create more Feats sections.
    12. If the Class is changed (e.g. Cleric, Level 8), then the Bard Feat sections all remain in addition to new Cleric Feat sections, even though Bard has been removed.

Each section allows selecting ability score increases and they're all added on the Stats page.
    Thanks, I have this on my list for this round of fixes. It should go in during the next CW patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Some other observations
    • The Ability Score Increase for level up on the Feats page is odd. I would have expected ASI on either the Class or Stats page, though it may be hard to find a place for it. One option might be a section on the Class tab titled "Select Ability Score Increase" with options for each ability and a button to instead take a feat, which then activates the section on the Feats tab.
    • The Ability Score Increase sections on the Feats page defaults to feats and is titled as a feat (e.g. Bard Level 4 Feat). If ASI selection remains here, then the default should probably be ASI, since Feats are an optional rule.
    • When selecting ASI, it isn't immediately obvious that you can select one ability for a +2 bonus or two abilities for a +1 bonus each. Maybe something like having the selected ability show +1 or +2 depending how many are selected, or some other visual indication.
    • Clicking Next doesn't always advance forward and instead loops back to the start. In the above steps Next proceeded to inventory but after that returned to Race (even for a spellcaster). I would expect Next to always advance to the next step of the wizard and to never loop back (and the button disable at the end of the wizard).
    • For the "Select Specialization" step on the Class tab - is the "Specialization" terminology from 5e rules or is it a term used just in FG? I ask because in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything it is referred to as "Subclass" (Ch1: Changing Your Subclass)
    Great list, I'll see about the fixes for these and try to get something in soon.

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to level up any character. fgu_screenshot.jpg

5e v2021-04-13
    No Extensions currently loaded, but I have Equipped Effect, but for testing, I have disabled it
    Session 4 of OotA
    PHB, DGM, Tasha, Volos Guide/Maps, Xanathar's, Fumble/Crit tables, Zacchaeus' OotA Maps

To recreate:

1. Click on a character
    2. Go to level up and launch Character Wizard, and the following warnings appear in the console window

"[TIMESTAMP] [WARNING] bitmapwiget: Logical icon (tab_races) does not exist"
    "[TIMESTAMP] [WARNING] bitmapwiget: Logical icon (tab_class) does not exist"
    "[TIMESTAMP] [WARNING] bitmapwiget: Logical icon (tab_back) does not exist"
    "[TIMESTAMP] [WARNING] bitmapwiget: Logical icon (tab_feats) does not exist"
    "[TIMESTAMP] [WARNING] bitmapwiget: Logical icon (tab_import) does not exist"

3. Attempt to level up
    4. Click Save, and console window appears with the following message "[TIMESTAMP] [ERROR] Script execution: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1633: attempt to index local 'nodeSource' (a nil value)

Additionally, in the chat window the following text appears when clicking save
    "Unable to find class hit die type (assuming d6)"
    "Average hit points for additional cleric level added to 'Cleric'. (7)"
    Last edited by ZelieDad; April 17th, 2021 at 20:21.

Hi ZelieDad,
    Are these characters you created in the Character Wizard? Are you doing this while connected to your DMs server? Is this a custom class?

Thanks!

No custom classes. I believe that one of the characters was created with DnD Beyond, but the character that I've been using to test with was created wholly within FGU. Also, I am the DM and I am doing this from the DM server. I haven't tried launching the game and connecting as a player. I can try that if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ZelieDad View Post
    the character that I've been using to test with was created wholly within FGU.
    Ok, was it created by typing in the data, by dragging and dropping from the source books, or by completing the process in the Character Wizard?

Thread Information