FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 37 of 104 First ... 2735363738394787 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgduder View Post
    Hello,

The Custom Lineage option is bugged where if you select an ability modifier and then select another it gives you both... you can end up with a +2 in every ability with this.
    Thanks Mgduder, I'll get it fixed today. It'll be in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgduder View Post
    Hey,

Something odd is happening with module loading. I have all the rulebook modules and when I load everything the duplicate races disappear from the character creator which is nice but so does some odd stuff like all the Tiefling sub races . Noticed that unloading the PHB fixes the problem? But Im hesitant to run games with out the PHB loaded.

Moderator: Moved to Wizard Bug reports
    I will take a look at this. I have a fix in Test (for a related issue) that might already fix this, if not I'll get something in before the next patch. Thanks again!

The bard spell selectiion seem broken after first time through in character creation/Level up. It says -2 cantrips after selecting cantrips and the spells yet to be learned is always off.

Cantrip & spells.jpg

Also, although this may not be the right thread, all abiliities on actions appear as spells rather than other actions as before and "Powers" has no "mirror" to change anything.

Powers.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalotski View Post
    The bard spell selectiion seem broken after first time through in character creation/Level up. It says -2 cantrips after selecting cantrips and the spells yet to be learned is always off.

Cantrip & spells.jpg
    Thank you for the bug report. I am currently adding in a feature that will load spells during level up and then save back only the new spells you choose for that level up, I found the same error you are reporting while doing that and will make sure the cantrip/spell selected vs remaining to select is accurate before I release the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalotski View Post
    Also, although this may not be the right thread, all abiliities on actions appear as spells rather than other actions as before and "Powers" has no "mirror" to change anything.

Powers.jpg
    This, on the other hand, is very unusual for the Character Wizard. The current live version of the Character Wizard dumps all selected spells into a generic "Spells ([ClassName])" power group and does not try to save any other actions. Can you tell me what modules you have loaded, also try again with just the PHB? Thanks.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; March 29th, 2021 at 04:22.

I have the following modules loaded (All D&D5e & WoTC unless otherwise stated)

Calendars (Smiteworks)
    Dragon of Icespire Keep
    D&D Dungeon Masters Guide
    D&D Dungeon Masters Guide -Maps
    D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver
    D&D Monster Manual
    D&D Mordenkainens Tome of Foes
    D&D Players Handbook
    D&D Sword Coast Adventurers Guide
    D&D Sword Coast Adventurers Guide- Maps
    D&D Sword Coast Adventurers Guide -Players
    D&D Tashas Guide
    D&D Tashas Guide -Players
    D&D Volos Guide
    D&D Volos Guide - Maps
    D&D Xanthars Guide
    D&D Xanthars Guide - Players
    Default fumble critical hit tables (Smiteworks)
    FG Battlemaps (Smiteworks)

Your comment got me thinking.

I have a test campaign and it did the exact same thing. I did as you asked and additionally created 2 identical College of lore Bards on on my test campaign that has only the Player's Handbook loaded and one on my play campaign. The results were identical with an added difference in the abilities tab. With only the PHB, all the Bard abilities appear, With the full boat, virtually none appear. This is not limited to the bard (I went on a character creation binge yesterday for a campaign event). It is a regular occurrence that abilities do nor appear in the abilities area, especially for Tasha's sub-classes (Eloquence Bard and Twilight Cleric for example, but also on the Xanathars era Hexblade)

Here is the actions tab with only PHB loaded

Actions Tab PHB only.jpg

Here is Actions Tab with above modulesoaded

Actions Tab with All loaded.jpg

Here is abilities tab with PHB only loaded

Abilities Tab PHB only.jpg

Here is Abilities Tab with above modules loaded

Abilities Tab with all loaded.jpg

Here is a Hexblade Abilities with all loaded

Hexblade with all loaded.jpg

Last, Add Power on the action button only adds "New Spell" to both campaigns without adding a new "Power" heading to add sub powers.

Hope this helps

Bubba

Thank you very much for the detail! I will check this out today.

Hi Wraith - thanks for you response about the Character Wizard on the House of Healing. So... This isn't a bug report, just a suggestion - in the right-hand pane on the desktop, along with the other buttons like race, class, etc, add one for "Character Wizard". Make it toggle-able from the options just like the others, and add it to the "Create PC" set of buttons. The current place it is on the Character dialog is way too small and easy to miss. I think that would really help people find this useful tool.

Blog Entries
    I like the wizard access via the Character Selection window, but instead of the small icon, what about a button on the top ribbon with text like is done on the Encounters list for Random and in Stories for Templates.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    Hi Wraith - thanks for you response about the Character Wizard on the House of Healing. So... This isn't a bug report, just a suggestion - in the right-hand pane on the desktop, along with the other buttons like race, class, etc, add one for "Character Wizard". Make it toggle-able from the options just like the others, and add it to the "Create PC" set of buttons. The current place it is on the Character dialog is way too small and easy to miss. I think that would really help people find this useful tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I like the wizard access via the Character Selection window, but instead of the small icon, what about a button on the top ribbon with text like is done on the Encounters list for Random and in Stories for Templates.
    Hey guys, just wanted to hop in real quick and say, you're heard, we're going to change it. Look for it in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I like the wizard access via the Character Selection window, but instead of the small icon, what about a button on the top ribbon
    Just a thought - it's certainly possible to do both, it's not an either/or situation. You could keep the small button where it is and add other ways to access the Wizard.

Thread Information