FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 104 First ... 1321222324253373 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Gentleman View Post
    I was told by Zacchaeus that the issues below the bolded issue were more appropriate for this thread.
    They are, and thanks for the reports.

The concatenated skill name is already fixed, It's just bundled in with other fixes that are still in bug testing. The two different Artificers is going to be the case for now as items from different sources need to remain separate so that all options can be allowed (it's a situation I ran into with Hobgoblins under races, but it will be addressed in the future.) The syntax problem with Tinker's tools is new and I'll get that fixed. The final issue with a proficiency gained past first level is new functionality that I'll need to address in a future update. These are all very helpful, and thanks for the detailed report!

So I recreated the Firbolg class in FGU and, whenever I or the players use the Character Creation wizard, this error occurs when adding spells. I've narrowed it down to just being my custom race I made but I can't seem to find what is wrong with the "coding" of the race. I've also only tested this with using the cleric option in the creation wizard.
    The Error in the log is [Error] Script execution error: [string"charwizard/scripts/charwizard_spelllist.lua"]:397: attempt to index field 'abilities' (a nil value)
    Can you give any guidance?
    Thank you.

Hopefully this picture helps. (And goes through)
    image.png

Quote Originally Posted by DookaDook View Post
    So I recreated the Firbolg class in FGU and, whenever I or the players use the Character Creation wizard, this error occurs when adding spells. I've narrowed it down to just being my custom race I made but I can't seem to find what is wrong with the "coding" of the race. I've also only tested this with using the cleric option in the creation wizard.
    The Error in the log is [Error] Script execution error: [string"charwizard/scripts/charwizard_spelllist.lua"]:397: attempt to index field 'abilities' (a nil value)
    Can you give any guidance?
    Thank you.

Hopefully this picture helps. (And goes through)
    image.png
    Could you PM me the text of the custom race you made? It's looks like there is some syntax or keyword order is causing an unexpected field to be brought into spell parsing.

I noticed that the character creation wizard has the resizing lines in the bottom right of the window but I can't resize it no matter how much I try. I know that there are other options like races that should be selectable but there is no way I can find to scroll through them, hence why I tried resizing. I even tried using CTRL without any luck. Seems like a bug?

It would be useful to expand out the menus in Inventory so some of the cut off descriptions would be visible like damage die of weapons in many cases. Not sure if wo

!
    !

Quote Originally Posted by nvguyy View Post
    I noticed that the character creation wizard has the resizing lines in the bottom right of the window but I can't resize it no matter how much I try. I know that there are other options like races that should be selectable but there is no way I can find to scroll through them, hence why I tried resizing. I even tried using CTRL without any luck. Seems like a bug?
    I need to remove that for now. You're not the first to mention it. Right now we really don't want to make it expandable because it's already the biggest window in the software. Going forward we may reevaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post
    It would be useful to expand out the menus in Inventory so some of the cut off descriptions would be visible like damage die of weapons in many cases. Not sure if wo

!
    That has been on my list for a while. I do plan to get an inventory update out soon!
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; December 15th, 2020 at 15:31.

Hi Smiteworks, before anything, thanks for the Character Creation Wizard, amazingly useful even for new players.

I found that making a straight level 3 Beast Barbarian doesn't give it the subclass feat. I tried to make a Path of Wild Magic and there's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmoocow View Post
    Hi Smiteworks, before anything, thanks for the Character Creation Wizard, amazingly useful even for new players.

I found that making a straight level 3 Beast Barbarian doesn't give it the subclass feat. I tried to make a Path of Wild Magic and there's no problem.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll get a fix in for the next patch.

Out of curiosity: why do you need to patch things? I assumed it uses the same parser as the regular "drag a class to your sheet" mechanism. But if that were true, it wouldn't need to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Out of curiosity: why do you need to patch things? I assumed it uses the same parser as the regular "drag a class to your sheet" mechanism. But if that were true, it wouldn't need to be fixed.
    I think you answered your own question there. There is a difference between dragging and dropping the class in three times to get to level three and just selecting a level from a dropdown.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information