DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 104 First ... 9101112132161 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by humby View Post
    Came across something else whilst trying a few things for a game tomorrow:

Selecting the High Elf subrace and then switching to either the Drow or Wood Elf subraces throws the following error:
    Code:
    Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewindow.lu..."]:366: attempt to index local 'vSelectSubrace' (a userdata value)
    Thanks Humby.
    This one is taking a bit longer to track down, as it's only in FGU and it's due to the stricter way FGU handles datasets. As soon as I have a fix for it though, I'll post again.

Found an interesting occurrence. When using the Character Wizard in FGU, if one creates a character over level 3, and after changing tabs goes back and edits the level to a number over 3 again the "Feats" tab will create a new Feat entry for the same level for each time the level was edited. This also happens if one changes class and gives it a level over 3, not only if one edits just the level.

Untitled1.png

(Not to mention it assumes feats are enabled, as is the Human Variant race, when that should be authorized by the DM, but that's a missing feature, not a bug)
    Last edited by Ficklespark; October 5th, 2020 at 20:27. Reason: Further clarifications after some more testing

And something that may be a bug or just a missing feature:
    Features the player must select, other than spells and specializations (like choosing combat maneuvers for the Battle Master, or Totemic Barbarian options) aren't available in the Character Wizard.
    Last edited by Ficklespark; October 5th, 2020 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Ficklespark View Post
    Found an interesting occurrence. When using the Character Wizard in FGU, if one creates a character over level 3, and after changing tabs goes back and edits the level to a number over 3 again the "Feats" tab will create a new Feat entry for the same level for each time the level was edited. This also happens if one changes class and gives it a level over 3, not only if one edits just the level.

Untitled1.png

(Not to mention it assumes feats are enabled, as is the Human Variant race, when that should be authorized by the DM, but that's a missing feature, not a bug)
    Thanks. Looks like that one slipped in when I added the level up feature.

I'm running a custom D&D game and trying to create NPCs via the character wizard tool. I don't have any of the player's versions of the books enabled as I found that created doubles and triples of some entries, yet now without player books selected I'm missing out on races, feats, classes, and more. Is there a way that all the info from the players materials could also be in the DM guides? Also, when I went in to increase a character's level nothing happened. Do you know when players will be able to increase their level and things like HPs, abilities, etc... will be updated on the character sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by quirkygamer View Post
    Also, when I went in to increase a character's level nothing happened. Do you know when players will be able to increase their level and things like HPs, abilities, etc... will be updated on the character sheet?
    When you increased the level, how did you do it? Did you just update the number of levels against the class, as highlighted in the image below?

If so, that doesn't update things - you need to either drag whatever class the new level is in to the character sheet or click the level up button (see image below).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quirkygamer View Post
    I'm running a custom D&D game and trying to create NPCs via the character wizard tool. I don't have any of the player's versions of the books enabled as I found that created doubles and triples of some entries, yet now without player books selected I'm missing out on races, feats, classes, and more. Is there a way that all the info from the players materials could also be in the DM guides? Also, when I went in to increase a character's level nothing happened. Do you know when players will be able to increase their level and things like HPs, abilities, etc... will be updated on the character sheet?
    If you are creating PCs, then you need the Player versions of products loaded. Yes you will have duplicate entries, not sure if this is being worked on for the Wizard, but it is standard/normal for non-Wizard creation.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    not sure if this is being worked on for the Wizard
    It is, but as the first effort I made in this direction inadvertently omitted some data, I'm taking this pass a bit more cautiously. I should have something to show in the next update or two.

Script Execution Error on Character Levelling Up

Hello,

One of my players is receiving the following error message when atempting to level their character:

script execution error: [string "charwiazard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:1458: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)

Their FG is fully updated, and I'm not sure how to correct this. Any ideas?

FG Compile Log.png

MOD: moved to CW Bug Report Thread
    Last edited by LordEntrails; October 10th, 2020 at 21:54.

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

Script errors are usually due to extensions. Have you verified the issue when no extensions are loaded? Also, given this is with the Character Wizard in 5E, it might be something with the CW itself. But, it's been requested by the CW developer that issues related to the CW get posted in this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-(2020)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information