STAR TREK 2d20
Page 27 of 104 First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzlin View Post
    I have noticed several times during PC creation that certain selections are not available when I have the DM module loaded, but if I load the player module then they appear. For instance, the background Far Traveler doesn't show up when I have the DM module loaded, but it will if I load the player module. The same goes for spells for the Artificer and Tasha's modules. Those are just two examples. I don't think it is an issue with the PC wizard, but I didn't know where to put this and other people creating characters might notice it and think it is a bug.
    This is intentional and has to do with that (most) DM modules do not include the player options. Since they have to be in the player module (for you to be able to share just player options) they are not also included in the DM module or if you had them both loaded then you would have duplicate entries.

This was a change a few years ago in the approach to building the player/DM modules and so some DM modules do have the player options included while others (most) do not.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Custom Classes and spells using character wizard

Moderator: Moved to character wizard thread

Hello, I have got a problem trying to get a custom class using the wizard to put the correct spell choice number in the spell tab. It does show all the spells and cantrips in the right lists but does not limit them based on level limits. It just shows cantrips 0/0 l10/0 l20/0 etc. If I do add the spell to the list it shows -1/0. I have made modules that will put the spells in a priest "source list" and a class in a category like the players hand book. I have also made xml files based off 5E SRD data file making spell lists and spells classes, even this does not work. I have tried only players handbook and only 5E SRD Data. I also have watched all the videos on the forums that people have linked. They are all for classic fantasy grounds. I am using fg unity ultimate. The spellcasting feature is set to level 1 and have tried copying 3 or 4 different class descriptions in there from premade classes. I am copying them then replacing them with all occurrences of like cleric etc with my class name matching case. Any help would be much appreciated or just letting me know it isn't possible at this time.

characterwizardpriest.PNG
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 27th, 2021 at 17:33.

Quote Originally Posted by freeplay View Post
    Moderator: Moved to character wizard thread

Hello, I have got a problem trying to get a custom class using the wizard to put the correct spell choice number in the spell tab. It does show all the spells and cantrips in the right lists but does not limit them based on level limits. It just shows cantrips 0/0 l10/0 l20/0 etc. If I do add the spell to the list it shows -1/0. I have made modules that will put the spells in a priest "source list" and a class in a category like the players hand book. I have also made xml files based off 5E SRD data file making spell lists and spells classes, even this does not work. I have tried only players handbook and only 5E SRD Data. I also have watched all the videos on the forums that people have linked. They are all for classic fantasy grounds. I am using fg unity ultimate. The spellcasting feature is set to level 1 and have tried copying 3 or 4 different class descriptions in there from premade classes. I am copying them then replacing them with all occurrences of like cleric etc with my class name matching case. Any help would be much appreciated or just letting me know it isn't possible at this time.

characterwizardpriest.PNG
    Hey freeplay,
    For custom classes there is no way to currently set spell choice numbers or spell slot numbers. You can still select the official spells and any custom spells you provide, but the choice numbers will be zero for cantrips and spells and go into negatives as you select them. As for spell slots, you'll need to set those on the final character sheet manually.

Thanks! Glad I am not doing anything wrong and it is working as intended. Was afraid I was messing up

Hello all! I'm having some trouble with the wizard. So, I have a custom background and race, but otherwise I am using book based option all loaded with ultimate version of the app. For this example, I'm playing a rogue. When I go to save, I notice that in the finished character sheet, the rogue, nor its level, show up. In addition, none of my assigned proficiencies are recognized on the skill tab, and none of the rogue feats/features/traits are showing up on the abilities tab. For instance thief's tools was also noticeably vacant from proficiencies- but the proficiencies added by my custom backgrounds (calligrapher's tools and dragonchess set) were there. Am I missing something?

Edit: I am uploading a log file from when I click 'Rogue' in the wizard- this is the step I believe is causing the issue, as others in my party on not receiving an error message when clicking on their classes.

Edit #2: More specifically, I believe it's this line triggering when trying to click on Rogue:

[1/29/2021 10:51:41 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:551: attempt to index local 'sTrainingText' (a nil value)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[1/29/2021 10:52:15 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:551: attempt to index local 'sTrainingText' (a nil value)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DJShamrock; January 30th, 2021 at 05:00. Reason: Uploading Log file

Quote Originally Posted by DJShamrock View Post
    Hello all! I'm having some trouble with the wizard. So, I have a custom background and race, but otherwise I am using book based option all loaded with ultimate version of the app. For this example, I'm playing a rogue. When I go to save, I notice that in the finished character sheet, the rogue, nor its level, show up. In addition, none of my assigned proficiencies are recognized on the skill tab, and none of the rogue feats/features/traits are showing up on the abilities tab. For instance thief's tools was also noticeably vacant from proficiencies- but the proficiencies added by my custom backgrounds (calligrapher's tools and dragonchess set) were there. Am I missing something?

Edit: I am uploading a log file from when I click 'Rogue' in the wizard- this is the step I believe is causing the issue, as others in my party on not receiving an error message when clicking on their classes.

Edit #2: More specifically, I believe it's this line triggering when trying to click on Rogue:

[1/29/2021 10:51:41 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:551: attempt to index local 'sTrainingText' (a nil value)

[1/29/2021 10:52:15 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:551: attempt to index local 'sTrainingText' (a nil value)

Is your custom race a subrace, and if so, does it have a trait with the word training in it? If those are both accurate, could you provide the full text of the training trait? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Is your custom race a subrace, and if so, does it have a trait with the word training in it? If those are both accurate, could you provide the full text of the training trait? Thank you.
    Here you go! It isn't a subrace, but it does have a trait with 'training'. The name of the trait is "Khenra Training" (without quotes) and the text is as follows (also no quotes):

"You gain one of the following options of your choice: (a) proficiency in longsword, spear, and javelin or (b) proficiency in a tool and a skill of your choice."

Edit: I will note, we DID find a way around this (oddly it was only Rogue having this problem) and that was to skip the race selection step and choose the class and all other creation wizard options first, THEN go back to race, make the selection- it still shows error log but it allows the class to go through and populate the character sheet. But I figure/hope this is still possibly valuable info for debug.
    Last edited by DJShamrock; January 31st, 2021 at 03:21.

Quote Originally Posted by DJShamrock View Post
    Here you go! It isn't a subrace, but it does have a trait with 'training'. The name of the trait is "Khenra Training" (without quotes) and the text is as follows (also no quotes):

"You gain one of the following options of your choice: (a) proficiency in longsword, spear, and javelin or (b) proficiency in a tool and a skill of your choice."

Edit: I will note, we DID find a way around this (oddly it was only Rogue having this problem) and that was to skip the race selection step and choose the class and all other creation wizard options first, THEN go back to race, make the selection- it still shows error log but it allows the class to go through and populate the character sheet. But I figure/hope this is still possibly valuable info for debug.
    Ah, that's why then. In the official data the only options for choice are what martial weapon do you select. There's no provision for open-ended option choices. I will fix the error from suspending operation however. Thanks for the report!

Hello, I'm trying to add a custom race to my campaign. I checked all the forums and followed the instructions. The problem is that I'm adding a subrace that comes with two choice skill proficiencies. I found that I had to change the trait name to include the word "Training" and that got it trying to parse the skill proficiency selection. I used the working example for this feature from the post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...or-proficiency that pointed me at the Kenku. I made a new trait with the title "Tilishna Training" and the text "You are proficient in your choice of two of the following skills: Athletics, Investigation, Medicine, Nature, Stealth, and Survival."

When I try to create a new character using that subrace I get a console error of "Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:581: attempt to index local 'sTrainingText' (a null value)"

Attached screenshots and logs compile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by lartra View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to add a custom race to my campaign. I checked all the forums and followed the instructions. The problem is that I'm adding a subrace that comes with two choice skill proficiencies. I found that I had to change the trait name to include the word "Training" and that got it trying to parse the skill proficiency selection. I used the working example for this feature from the post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...or-proficiency that pointed me at the Kenku. I made a new trait with the title "Tilishna Training" and the text "You are proficient in your choice of two of the following skills: Athletics, Investigation, Medicine, Nature, Stealth, and Survival."

When I try to create a new character using that subrace I get a console error of "Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:581: attempt to index local 'sTrainingText' (a null value)"

Attached screenshots and logs compile.
    Hi, lartra
    This problem is related to the issue above that DJShamrock reported, the training tag does not allow a choice beyond martial weapons in the official data, so the code does not trap for, or create a choice dialogue. I will be fixing the error from firing, but making a choice system (that supports all the possible training choices from weapons to skills to tools, etc.) there might be a bit further in the development cycle. Thank you for reporting this, however.

Thread Information