DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 104 First ... 345671555 ... Last
    Hi, I would like to thank the developers for adding character wizard as it helps greatly for newer player on character creation.
    Here are some bugs that I have encountered:

• When creating a Human-variant, switching tabs after selecting the feats will unselect the feat selected.
    • When enter a subrace (like Forest Gnome) after creation, the character sheet only show Gnome (not sure if this is intended)

Quote Originally Posted by YouWin View Post
    Hi, I would like to thank the developers for adding character wizard as it helps greatly for newer player on character creation.
    Here are some bugs that I have encountered:

• When creating a Human-variant, switching tabs after selecting the feats will unselect the feat selected.
    • When enter a subrace (like Forest Gnome) after creation, the character sheet only show Gnome (not sure if this is intended)
    Thank you. I made sure to double check, and both of these are fixed and will be in the next Character Wizard update!

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place for this information but i couldn't find a better place on your website.

The sub-classes offered in "Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide" are not visible if you load in the DM's version of the book. You can only see them if you load in the players' version. This is unlike the rest of the materials you offer. If you could fix it it would be much appreciated. Also, some of the sub-classes are duplicated from the PHB in the players version of SCAG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuKato View Post
    Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place for this information but i couldn't find a better place on your website.

The sub-classes offered in "Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide" are not visible if you load in the DM's version of the book. You can only see them if you load in the players' version. This is unlike the rest of the materials you offer. If you could fix it it would be much appreciated. Also, some of the sub-classes are duplicated from the PHB in the players version of SCAG.
    Welcome RyuKato.

This is known and intended. The design philosophy of splitting and duplicating content between 'Player' and 'DM' versions has changed over the years. So some modules the DM version will have all content, and in others it will not have the player facing options such as races and classes.

Unfortunately it is one of those situations where what is done is done and can not easily be changed to update the content without breaking innumerable existing campaigns and characters. So it's something we just have to know and work around

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuKato View Post
    Hello,

This is the right place, and thanks for the alert.

When I first created it, I limited the data sources to prevent duplicates but this had a side effect of removing some from sources that were independent of the PHB that had some additional data. So, I backed out that code and am now letting all data be seen. I will, in the future, take a look at some options such as 'player's source only' and PHB precedence, but for now just to make bug finding more clear I'm leaving it all in.

Thank you again for the heads up!

There is no save option when generating a character in the character wizard!?!
    NinkasiNinja

Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    Time Zone: US Eastern (-5 GMT)
    Games desired: Star Wars FFG, D&D5e, AD&D, Patfinder 3.5, Cyberpunk, Vampire, Heroes Unlimited, Rifts

Quote Originally Posted by NinkasiNinja View Post
    Yes. Once you have completed everything that is required a Svae button will appear allowing you to save.

If you don't see the button then something hasn't been done that needs to be done in order to complete the character. (a common one is that you have duplicate skills - which will show as an error)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by NinkasiNinja View Post
    Thanks for the observation, I should change that so it is there but disabled until the minimum requirements are met then enable it.

This is really cool and thank you for doing it!

I've been playing with it with my group recently, and the issue I've run into is, unfortunately, one that I think is probably near the core of what you're doing and unsolvable. Either way though, for posterity:

Creating a character via the wizard is definitely both easier and faster, but also clearer - it's very clear what decisions need to be made and in what order. This is potentially really really useful for newer players, who aren't as familiar with the process. Unfortunately, those newer players are also the players who most often need some help during the process. In the past when they needed help I would just pop open their sheet in-progress to see what they were doing and getting stuck on, and then either give them advice or fix it for them. With the way the wizard handles creation though, no record is sent to the GM side until it is completed - I assume it is all happening in-memory on the player's machine? As a result, we've actually had more struggles making PCs than before, since instead of looking at the same thing we're either trying to describe things back and forth or trading screenshots etc.

So in short I love simpler front-end walkthrough functionality, but sort of wish all it did was walk the user through the same creation flow, where the sheet was already in the DB and being edited on the fly. I don't think this is aligned with what you were trying to accomplish though.

Good Day FG_Wraith
    I was playing around with this and made a Triton race character. All worked as intended until I was checking the Traits under the Abilities tab. Any of the four traits assigned sent you back to the main Triton race page instead of the specific ability. Not a big deal, but a quality of life thing

Thanks for all the work you have put into this!!

Thread Information