5E Character Create Playlist
Page 20 of 104 First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last
    Hello, my players are getting ready to play The Fall of Elturel module. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329...antasy-Grounds

I've made the three backgrounds in the module Public for the players, but one of them is throwing an error in the character wizard. The other two work fine. When choosing the Hellrider background, the error Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_backgroundwin..."]:468: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil) is thrown. Thanks!~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatas View Post
    Hello, my players are getting ready to play The Fall of Elturel module. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329...antasy-Grounds

I've made the three backgrounds in the module Public for the players, but one of them is throwing an error in the character wizard. The other two work fine. When choosing the Hellrider background, the error Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_backgroundwin..."]:468: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil) is thrown. Thanks!~
    The SmiteWorks team generally does not have access to DMsG modules. You will probably need to have the DMsG Author either fix the issue or work with SW to get them the info the need.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The SmiteWorks team generally does not have access to DMsG modules. You will probably need to have the DMsG Author either fix the issue or work with SW to get them the info the need.
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll reach out to the module creator. Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatas View Post
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll reach out to the module creator. Keep up the great work!
    I am also working on this issue and have noticed that a similar error occurs in a few other products, as well, one of them being Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica.

Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_backgroundwin..."]:315: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil) (GGtR, shows error, does not show skill choices, but shows language choices)
    Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_backgroundwin..."]:468: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil) (3rd Party - The Fall of Elturel [of which, I am the converter], shows error, no skills, no languages)
    Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_backgroundwin..."]:562: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil) (3rd PArty - Heroes of Baldur's Gate, shows error, no skills, no languages)
    Possibly these errors are all related?
    I will gladly work with Smiteworks or the Character Wizard creator to try and resolve these issues. Please just let me know what you need.

Thanks!

I'm seeing an issue with how the wizard calculates spell slots. If I level up a character, it gives them spell slots equal to the sum of the spell slots they would have at each level. For example, I just made a cleric. At level 1, it has the expected two 1st level slots. However, if I use the wizard to level the character to level 2, they have five 1st level slots. Rather than changing the number of spell slots to three, as it should, the wizard is instead giving the character three more spell slots. If I open the wizard up and save again without changing the level, the character gains an additional 3 slots each time I save. This happens at all levels. I made a lvl 20 character and used the level up menu again, and they gained extra slots for all spell levels. Scrolled through this thread and didn't see it reported, so not sure if I'm just doing something wrong.

I'm using a fully updated install of FGU on Win 10 x64 with an ultimate license, ran the updater to confirm no updates waiting. I made a test campaign with only the PHB loaded and confirmed it is happening there as well. Happens for all spellcasting classes. Can easily grab screenshots if my wording isn't clear.

Edit: Wanted to mention, drag and dropping from the classes button does not cause this bug.
    Last edited by danstu; November 24th, 2020 at 20:42. Reason: Clarification of issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danstu View Post
    I'm seeing an issue with how the wizard calculates spell slots. If I level up a character, it gives them spell slots equal to the sum of the spell slots they would have at each level. ...

I'm using a fully updated install of FGU on Win 10 x64 with an ultimate license, ran the updater to confirm no updates waiting. I made a test campaign with only the PHB loaded and confirmed it is happening there as well. Happens for all spellcasting classes. Can easily grab screenshots if my wording isn't clear.
    This is for "Super Heroic campaigns"! Just kidding

There was an update in the last few minutes. Can you verify if you are on 4.0.1 or 4.0.2?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hah, how's that for timing? I swear I ran the updater right before posting. Update's downloading now, taking a while. I'll try again when it's done.

The latest FGU update just busted my application - [11/24/2020 2:53:59 PM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (CoreRPG) (CalendarManager): [string "scripts/manager_calendar.lua"]:298: unexpected symbol near 'then'
    Granted its just a calendar and thus not that consequential - but as far as the calendar goes ... it's dead. (made a thread for this - in house of healing also - also posted to fgu_support discord - did not realize this thread was here).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

As mentioned in the other thread where you reported, please update and try again.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This is for "Super Heroic campaigns"! Just kidding

There was an update in the last few minutes. Can you verify if you are on 4.0.1 or 4.0.2?
    Updated to 4.0.2, still seeing same issue.

Thread Information