5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 104 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirdur View Post
    Some Bugs I found:
    The Save proficiencies granted by my class do not appear after I conclude the Character wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppyWAL99 View Post
    I cant make a half orc soldier since they both get intimidation and I cant override the "Duplicate Skills" alert
    Thanks guys, both are fixed and should be in the test branch this week.

@fg_wraith
    Came across an issue when using character wizard today. I have the players handbook loaded, but neither I nor my player can add any of the cleric specializations. Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by luigiHugs View Post
    @fg_wraith
    Came across an issue when using character wizard today. I have the players handbook loaded, but neither I nor my player can add any of the cleric specializations. Any suggestions or help appreciated.
    Just double checked, and it doesn't offer specialization for cleric, sorcerer, or warlock. However, the rest of the classes offer specialization if you increase the level.

Just double checked, and it doesn't offer specialization for cleric, sorcerer, or warlock. However, the rest of the classes offer specialization if you increase the level.
    It should appear as soon as you select the class since those three choose their respective specializations at first level.

Are you at least seeing the skill choice?

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    It should appear as soon as you select the class since those three choose their respective specializations at first level.

It doesn't pull up specialization for any of those 3. It does bring up skill options for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post

I can reproduce this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It doesn't pull up specialization for any of those 3. It does bring up skill options for them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I can reproduce this.
    Thanks guys, I'll see about tracking this down.

Custom Backgrounds

Been trying to add a custom background and found some issues with the character wizard:

Skills #1
    If you have a skills section in your background description that contains the words "Choose" or "choice" but not the phrase "from among ", the wizard throws an error on line 436 of \charwizard\scripts\charwizard_backgroundwindow.lu a - bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil). You can replicate this by setting the main tab of your background to contain only:
    Skill: Choose two from: Acrobatics, Deception, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth

Tool:
    Skills #2
    If the background provides the option to select skills using the phrase "Choose <x> from among", the wizard displays the skill list twice, one after the other like so:
    Acrobatics Deception Perception
    Sleight of Hand Stealth Acrobatics
    Deception Perception Sleight of Hand
    Stealth

I believe that this is because the check on line 429 of charwizard_backgroundwindow.lua picks up the use of "from among" and populates the list and then the check on line 460 picks up on the use of "Choose" and repeats the process. Changing it to "Choice of two from among" removes the duplicate skill buttons but then adds the entire list (including the "Choice of two from among"!) to the skills list as soon as the background is selected because the check on line 450 can't find the "Choose" it's looking for.

Skills #3
    Including the word "and" in the skill list without a preceding comma (e.g. Acrobatics, Deception and Perception) will cause the last two items to be merged (so it becomes "Acrobatics" and "Deception Perception"). In addition, setting "Sleight of Hand" as the second to last option will cause the "and" to be removed from that, too (i.e. Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand and Deception becomes "Acrobatics", "Sleight of HDeception")

Tools
    When you are recording the tools proficiencies, specifying "Thieves Tools" doesn't add them to the list of proficiencies, whereas "Thieves' Tools" does - but they then appear in the right-hand panel in the wizard as "Thieves Tools".

Languages
    If you have a languages section in your background description, but it isn't followed by the exact term "Equipment:", the wizard throws an error on line 522 of \charwizard\scripts\charwizard_backgroundwindow.lu a - bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got nil). You can see this by simply setting the main tab of your background to contain only:
    Languages: One of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by humby View Post
    Been trying to add a custom background and found some issues with the character wizard:
    Those are some great catches. Some of it is just having to settle on a particular parse key-word structure that fits the WOTC syntax style, and the other part is getting changes to that style that needed to be included after the original logic is set. But hey, anytime I can clean up some script errors is a win. So, big thanks for the help!

Came across something else whilst trying a few things for a game tomorrow:

Selecting the High Elf subrace and then switching to either the Drow or Wood Elf subraces throws the following error:
    Code:
    Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard_racewindow.lu..."]:366: attempt to index local 'vSelectSubrace' (a userdata value)

Thread Information