DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 104 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ThingsCouldGetDicey View Post
    when multiclassing it doesnt calculate the correct averages of the hp value.
    abilities tab isnt giving all abilities
    expertise needs to be looked into.
    and if we could have a jack of all trades auto applied effect on bards would be much appreciated.

Thanks Dicey, working on the class page now.

This tool seems very helpful...however I noticed some of the bugs from the Beta are still here. The "Duplicate" issue when choosing Background/Race/Class doesn't allow the player to choose another options (as per the PHB). I also noticed that going through the Inventory portion, several parts of the descriptions are cut off due to the size of the field on display. Is there a way to increase these fields, or increase the entire size of the window, thus allowing players to read the information... I saw this often with weapons. You can click on the shield to pull of the information, however it doesn't actually tell the player what the damage is of that weapon, just the weight and the cots. I also don't see a way to add extra gold. Such as my Barbarian Half-Orc with a Background with Soldier... would have duplicate skills in Intimidation, also with starting equipment they would get a pouch with 10GP in it. It would be nice to add it at the beginning as part of their starting equipment. I just played with it for a few moments as of today, and these were the immediate things I noticed.

I was playing with it a few more times... and discovered the Ability Scores are not being read via Custom Races. However, the old method of using "click and drag" onto the sheets, the system DOES detect it and calculate it correctly. So something in the wizard isn't reading the same information as the old sheet does.

Is it possible to get a little notation next to selections in the character Wizard about where the choices are drawn from? So something that could have an abbreviated name of the module in parentheses after the selection. I have a campaign using some UA options and it is difficult to be sure if the actual release version or the UA version is being picked. For example, both the UA and released Warforged show up in the race options in the wizard and it would be nice if there was a little notation like (UA) or (ERFTLW) next to them so I can figure out which one is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfloyd18 View Post
    This tool seems very helpful...however I noticed some of the bugs from the Beta are still here. The "Duplicate" issue when choosing Background/Race/Class doesn't allow the player to choose another options (as per the PHB). I also noticed that going through the Inventory portion, several parts of the descriptions are cut off due to the size of the field on display. Is there a way to increase these fields, or increase the entire size of the window, thus allowing players to read the information... I saw this often with weapons. You can click on the shield to pull of the information, however it doesn't actually tell the player what the damage is of that weapon, just the weight and the cots. I also don't see a way to add extra gold. Such as my Barbarian Half-Orc with a Background with Soldier... would have duplicate skills in Intimidation, also with starting equipment they would get a pouch with 10GP in it. It would be nice to add it at the beginning as part of their starting equipment. I just played with it for a few moments as of today, and these were the immediate things I noticed.
    Yes, the duplicate skill issue is being worked on this week and will release in the class page improvement in the next update. The UI for selecting skills will have to be altered to allow a general choice if the duplicate comes from selections that do not allow choices. Starting equipment will be added in a future inventory page improvement update.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfloyd18 View Post
    I was playing with it a few more times... and discovered the Ability Scores are not being read via Custom Races. However, the old method of using "click and drag" onto the sheets, the system DOES detect it and calculate it correctly. So something in the wizard isn't reading the same information as the old sheet does.
    Custom races are currently not supported but I'll be addressing that in the race page improvement update in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibhuk View Post
    Is it possible to get a little notation next to selections in the character Wizard about where the choices are drawn from? So something that could have an abbreviated name of the module in parentheses after the selection. I have a campaign using some UA options and it is difficult to be sure if the actual release version or the UA version is being picked. For example, both the UA and released Warforged show up in the race options in the wizard and it would be nice if there was a little notation like (UA) or (ERFTLW) next to them so I can figure out which one is which.
    There was tooltip if you hovered over the selection button for race/class/background/etc., but it was disabled for release. I will be re-enabling it in the next Character Wizard update.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; August 6th, 2020 at 21:31.

@FG_Wraith Thanks for the quick response! I look forward to the new releases/updates!

just as a suggestion could we make metamagic selectable for sorcerors. currently they are all bundled as one thing. when it should be a choice. because you choose two at lvl 3 and then choose 2 at another level. if this were to be implemented it should be with the choices already made greyed out.

Races, Backgrounds and items appear to be parsed from modules open.

Can we have skills work in the same way by parsing the list of available skills as there maybe custom skills available.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    Races, Backgrounds and items appear to be parsed from modules open.

Can we have skills work in the same way by parsing the list of available skills as there maybe custom skills available.

That's not a bad idea, but I do have to maintain the design's original intent; to make character creation easier and faster. Considering that you can always right click on the skills in the skills tab of the character sheet and add your own, (among other more difficult but permanent methods) I'm not sure how this addition would fit in the 'easier and faster' intent. But I will certainly keep it in mind if I see an opportunity to implement it with an intuitive method.

will part of the restructure of the way characters are handled will they gain all the relevant coding (actions) for their respective skills and unique features and in the future possibly reworked spells for the action tab?

Thread Information